|Desktop/Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop and Console versions of Terraria.|
Nebula armor is a post-Moon Lord armor set that provides magic weapon boosts. It is currently the best magic set available on the Desktop version and Console versions. Crafting this set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Nebula Fragments.
Each piece causes the player to emit a small amount of purple light. The light level is increased with every additional piece equipped.
In total, Nebula armor pieces grant the following boosts:
- +60 mana
- +26% magic damage
- +16% magic critical chance
- -15% mana usage
- +10% movement speed
Additionally, equipping the full set grants a chance that special booster items will appear when striking enemies with any weapon (including strikes dealt by minions). Each booster grants a buff that lasts 8 seconds, and causes a spark effect to float around the player. When a booster item is picked up while an identical buff is already in effect, it stacks with the previous buff, for up to 3 stacked boosts. Every 8 seconds, one stacked booster expires, and the buff decreases by one level. Booster items float in the air, and have a greater pickup range than most items.
In multiplayer, any player can pick up these booster items and benefit from their buffs, even if they are not wearing Nebula armor. Additionally, picking up a booster item will grant nearby players (within a 20-30 tile radius, approximately) one instance of the buff. If the player acquiring the booster is on a party, only other players with in that party will obtain the buff; otherwise, unaffiliated players will spread the buff to all other nearby players upon obtaining a booster.
|Item||Grants Buff||Buff Description|
|+15% damage for 8 seconds|
|Increased health regeneration by 5 per second for 8 seconds|
|Increased mana regeneration (about 10 per second) for 8 seconds|
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Considering that the set's bonus can be activated using all types of damage (as opposed to the Spectre armor's set bonus which only activates when using magic weapons), any sort of damage can be useful.
- The Terrarian will not trigger the armor set's bonus if the player does not hit the enemy with the yoyo itself. This means that if enemies are killed by the particles, the bonus will not be activated.
- If the player has any health-declining debuffs, the Life Nebula will cancel them/it out, regardless of amount.
- The Mana Nebula uses a separate mechanism of standard mana regeneration, and can regenerate mana even when the player is using a Magic weapon. Having the 3rd level of the buff can allow the player to continuously use most Magic weapons.
- The Max amount of nebulae (all types) at once is 20.
- Nebulae can be spawned from statue spawned enemies, despite the fact that nothing else will drop from statue spawned enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to increased armor value, absence of damage output reduction, and the ability to get incredibly high health regeneration, this armor is arguably better than the Spectre armor's hooded variant in terms of survivability and damage dealing.
- Additionally, the Moon Lord cannot use the Moon Bite debuff to stop the player from healing with the Life Booster pickup as it increases passive health regeneration, unlike the hooded Spectre armor set, which gives instant health restoration.
- Using summon weapons for passive damage can maximize booster production without the need for additional input.
- Summoning a minion while having the damage boosters active will increase the summon's damage, even after the booster has worn off. Use this to maximize the effectiveness of minion(s).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sprites of the buffs before they are picked up strongly resemble the Nebula Fragments that are needed to make the armor.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()