Necro Armor is a post-skeletron armor set consisting of the Necro Helmet, Necro Breastplate, and Necro Greaves. A full set grants a basic 16 defense and a 20% chance to not consume ammo. In addition, each piece increases ranged damage by 5%, increasing ranged damage by a total of 15%. It is currently the only ranged-specific pre-Hardmode armor set, and provides the highest offensive bonuses for the class prior to Hardmode.
If the full suit is worn, the player leaves an afterimage while running (just like full Shadow armor). In addition, the sound the player makes when taking certain types of damage will be the same as for a Skeleton.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Necro Helmet can be exchanged for an Ancient Necro Helmet with the set bonus remaining intact.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The set bonus stacks with other ammo conservation bonuses. When used with the Megashark, it produces a 60% chance to not consume ammo. Furthermore, using the Ammo Box from the Traveling Merchant will result in a 68% chance not to consume ammo. If an Ammo Reservation Potion is then used, the player's chance not to consume ammo amounts to 74.4%, meaning only approximately every fourth shot consumes a bullet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term comes from the Ancient Greek word νεκρός (nekrós, "dead").
- It is the only armor set in the game of a rarity.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Necro Greaves inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Necro Armor reports the right ranged boost on its tooltip.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Amount of bones needed for crafting increased from 90 (25/35/30) to 150 (40/60/50).
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Necro armor stats altered:
- Added ranged damage increase and new set bonus.
- Removed set bonus of 30% increased movement speed.
- Defense of all pieces reduced by 1.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Armor graphics changed.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.