Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Damage||35 / 28 / 25 (Magic)|
|Knockback||1 (Extremely weak)|
|Mana||12 / 10|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a thorn spear|
- Nettle Burst Right
- Nettle Burst Left
- Nettle Burst End
The Nettle Burst is a Hardmode magic weapon that fires a 24 tile-long snaking vine projection that lingers for several seconds, traveling through blocks and infinitely piercing enemies. It is a late Hardmode upgrade of the Vilethorn and Crystal Vile Shard, having a 14.29% chance to be dropped by Plantera.
The Nettle Burst scores a rapid succession of up to 9 hits on enemies (compared to the Vilethorn's 7 hits). Each hit delivers the weapon's full damage, or over 250 damage total on any enemy that remains in its affected area for its full duration.
Like the Vilethorn, the Nettle Burst produces minuscule knockback for each of its rapid hits. This tends to have the effect of nearly freezing enemies in place for the duration of each swing. Enemies that are immune to knockback do not have their movement impeded.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Its ability to pass through solid blocks and pierce unlimited enemies allows players to wall themselves off from most threats and still deal damage, or hit worm type enemies while they are inside walls. Its infinite piercing property is also useful against enemies with multiple parts or minions, such as The Destroyer.
- Compared to the Vilethorn, the Nettle Burst deals a little over twice damage, affects an area twice as long, lingers for a slightly longer period, and has a slightly faster use time. Due to the way defense and damage reduction works, however, this doubling in damage results in significantly more damage against Hardmode enemies that would otherwise reduce Vilethorn damage to 1.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Vilethorn, a similar, pre-Hardmode weapon dropped from Shadow Orbs.
- Crystal Vile Shard, a similar weapon dropped from Hallowed Mimics.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage increased from 28 to 35.
- Mana cost increased from 10 to 12.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed projectiles making liquid ripples when they shouldn't.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 25 to 28.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased damage and decreased mana usage.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.