We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
Animation of the Night's Edge.
The Night's Edge is a high-end midgame Broadsword, notable for having the highest raw attack power of all swords available before Hardmode. It has about the same reach as a Muramasa, one of its crafting ingredients. When swung, the Night's Edge emits light similar to the Fiery Greatsword and Muramasa, but the effect is more subtle and does not last as long. It can also be upgraded into the True Night's Edge, a powerful hardmode sword.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- With the Legendary modifier, this weapon can last well into Hardmode.
- It's components sell for more than it does; 1 8 vs 1 89 .
- Before the 1.1 update, the Night's Edge was the strongest sword in the game, although it has been dethroned since. Despite this, it is still the strongest pre-Hardmode sword.
- The Night's Edge is the only item crafted at a Demon/Crimson Altar that isn't a boss summoning item.
- The four swords used to craft it all represent a major pre-Hardmode biome: The Blade of Grass representing the Jungle, the Muramasa the Dungeon, the Fiery Greatsword The Underworld, and the Light's Bane/Blood Butcherer the Corruption/Crimson.
- The crafting recipes appear different depending on the world's hazard biome, Crimson Or Corruption.
- The Nights Edge and the Terrarian are the only weapons in the game to have their own toy product (see Terraria Toys Now Available! and The Terrarian by OneDrop).
- The Night's Edge resembles a Corruption-themed sword because of the particles it emits, regardless of the crafting recipe.