|Knockback||2.5 (Very weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
- Not to be confused with Moonglow, the herb.
The Nightglow is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that has a 1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Empress of Light. When fired, four rainbow crystals emerge from the player and home in on nearby enemies.
Each of the rainbow crystals can pierce enemies and hit multiple times, resulting in high potential damage. However, since they spawn in random directions from the player and are destroyed if they collide with obstacles, it can be difficult to use this weapon in confined spaces.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is visibly held by the player when selected, and provides light.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It can be considered an indirect upgrade of the Spirit Flame, a magic weapon that also spawns homing magic projectiles around the player.
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Nightglow seems to be based off of her Prismatic Bolts.
- Like the Last Prism, the Nightglow has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names, the known colors are listed as follows (case sensitive): Redigit (Purple), Cenx (Pink/Green), Loki (Red/Black), Yoraiz0r (Pink), Crowno (Purple), Lazure (Pink/Blue), Leinfors (Purple), Ghostar (White/Blue), Khaios (Green/Black), and darthmorf (Red/Black).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.