Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Grants immunity to fire blocks|
- Internal Item ID: 193
The Obsidian Skull is an accessory that grants immunity to the burning damage normally inflicted by contact with Meteorite and Hellstone. It does not grant immunity to lava or other fire-based attacks. It additionally provides 1 defense.
Meteorite and Hellstone can be mined without Obsidian protection, as you only take damage when touching them in their placed block form; they can be mined from a distance without this immunity. However, this item makes the process much easier.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Obsidian to craft multiple Obsidian Skulls to sell is an easy way to make money.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is part of the 4 components of the Ankh Shield that can be obtained in pre-Hardmode, the others being the Cobalt Shield, Nazar and Bezoar.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Armor bonus was changed from 2 to 1.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.