|Use time||20 Very Fast|
- Obsidian Swordfish
- Not to be confused with the pre-Hardmode Swordfish, another spear which is obtained through fishing.
The Obsidian Swordfish is a hardmode spear. It has the second-highest base damage of any spear (beaten only by the North Pole), however, it is very short compared to other Hardmode spears. It is obtained via Fishing in Lava during hardmode while using lava critter Bait. The chance to catch it is 1/7 with 50% Fishing power and above.
The Obsidian Swordfish has an extremely high base critical strike chance of 24% as opposed to the usual 4%. This gives it not only the highest base critical strike chance of any melee weapon, but also the second highest of any weapon, tied with the Sky Fracture and surpassed only by the Sniper Rifle.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the fact that its use came from its appearance and its name, it's actually a spear rather than a sword.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Changed the fishing requirements from needing the Hotline Fishing Rod to needing lava critter bait in hardmode.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.