Obsidian Armor is an armor set that consists of the Obsidian Outlaw Hat, Obsidian Longcoat, and the Obsidian Pants.
Wearing the full set provides
- 15 defense
- 31% increase of Summon damage
- +1 minion slot
- 35% increased Whip speed
- 50% increased Whip range
Wearing the full set does not provide a set bonus. It grants a total of 13 defense.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
|Obsidian Longcoat ()||Hellforge|
|Obsidian Outlaw Hat ()|
|Obsidian Pants ()|
|Obsidian Longcoat ( )||Loom|
|Obsidian Outlaw Hat ( )|
|Obsidian Pants ( )|
total: 9 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian Armor is statistically identical to Gold Armor, without taking into account Gold armor's set bonus. Both can also be acquired before the player obtains a Deathbringer or Nightmare Pickaxe, but acquiring the obsidian will require explosives or an alternate form of mining.
- As of Desktop version 1.4.1 it now requires fighting either Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds to obtain Tissue Samples or Shadow Scales. Defeating them is not strictly necessary as Tissue Samples can be dropped by Creepers and Shadow Scales can be dropped by segments of the Eater of Worlds, even if you die during the fight.
- Using Explosives can allow the player to get obsidian before getting the Deathbringer or Nightmare Pickaxe. Should the player be able to find great amounts of obsidian early on and acquire enough cobwebs (from a Spider Cave for example), the task of obtaining this armor set can be generally easier than finding enough gold ore to make a Gold armor set.
- Despite being made from obsidian, this armor set grants no special protection against the On Fire! or Burning debuff, whereas other obsidian-related items do, like the Obsidian Skin Potion and Obsidian Skull.
- Despite being a Pre-Hardmode armor set, it gives the third most summon damage boost out of every summon set, bypassing Bee armor , Spider armor , Hallowed armor and even Tiki armor , only beaten by Spooky armor and Stardust armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian armor is one of 4 armor sets that do not provide a set bonus, the others being Angler armor, Pink Snow armor, Rain armor, and Snow armor.
- This set's unique set bonus to whip damage is possibly a reference to cowboys often being depicted with whips, as this armor is themed around a wild west outlaw.
- Despite having a clear bonus and sell price, the Obsidian armor's set pieces only have a rarity of .
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Reduced the Minion damage bonus on the helmet and legs from 9% to 8% each.
- Reduced the Minion damage increase on the set bonus from 25% to 15%.
- Reduced the Whip speed increase on the set bonus from 50% to 35%.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.