Ocram is one of the final Hardmode bosses of Terraria in the Old-gen console version and . It is summoned with the versionSuspicious Looking Skull at night in a Hardmode world. Ocram is the only source of Souls of Blight, and the only enemy/boss that drops Adamantite Ore (though the Shadow Hammer drops Adamantite Bars).
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ocram's attack style is very similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu and the Brain of Cthulhu. It has two stages, spawns minions, and flies around, usually near the player. It still spawns minions in its second form, and additionally fires lasers and scythes similar to that of Demons.
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
After Ocram's health is reduced to half, it switches to its second form, during which its damage doubles and Servants of Ocram continue spawning. Additionally:
- Charging at the player becomes constant.
- Its laser changes to a much more damaging blue version, which fires with a greater spread.
- Demon Scythe projectiles accompany its lasers.
- Distance between the player and Ocram gets smaller.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ocram only drop Lesser Healing Potions in the Old-gen console version and in the . version
- Attempting to use the Suspicious Looking Skull during the day will do nothing, and the item will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- Ocram's hitbox is strange in that it is not the same size as the sprite.
- Ocram tends to get closer to the player than most bosses. This can sometimes prove helpful to players using melee or short ranged weapons.
- Maps on the Old-gen console version and do not show boss icons. Being exclusive to the listed versions, this currently makes Ocram one of the only bosses that does not have a map icon, the other 2 being versionLepus and Turkor the Ungrateful.
- Due to the high velocity of Ocram's Scythes, they can go through thin walls of blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Paladin's Hammer is a very good choice as it does high damage to the Servants of Ocram and Ocram itself.
- Crystal Bullets or Chlorophyte Bullets with a strong Gun such as the Megashark or Clockwork Assault Rifle can do high damage against Ocram.
- The Flairon is very effective as the homing bubbles group together and home in towards Ocram and its Servants, dealing high damage.
- Placing clouds from the Nimbus Rod helps to do damage while the player is busy avoiding attacks.
- If you can get a Piranha Gun, you can simply evade Ocram, only requiring you keep the mechanical piranha latched onto Ocram.
- The Nettle Burst can be useful as Ocram tends to float in one area.
- The Bubble Gun is very effective for its rapid damage.
- Minions such as the Optic Staff or Raven Staff are effective against Ocram. Sentries such as the Queen Spider Staff or Staff of the Frost Hydra are good additional minions.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. The only problem with this is that the player will need to acquire a weapon that can pierce through walls.
- While the Servants are weak on their own, they spawn in large numbers.
- Spectre armor (with the Hood) with Razorpine combined with the effects of the Mana Flower (as long as you have enough Mana potions) can make the fight with Ocram ridiculously easy.
- Use a Bow like the Tsunami with Heart Arrows to completely stun Ocram.
- Firing up with the North Pole is very useful against Ocram for he stays in the same area for most of the battle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of the 1.2 update for the Console version, Ocram and its Servants are the only Console-only enemies to not have their sprites updated, possibly because their sprites were not recolors of anything prior to the 1.2 update.
- Queen Bee shares its boss theme with Ocram.
- The Eye of Cthulhu also shares the theme on the Old-gen console version.
- "Ocram" spelled backwards is "Marco", the name of Ocram's programmer.
- Ocram drops Adamantite Ore, making it possible to get it naturally in a world that generated Titanium Ore from smashing Altars.
- In Old-gen console version and Despite Ocram being a Hardmode boss in 1.2, it only drops Lesser Healing Potions.
- Ocram, along with several other console-exclusives, was removed from most platforms in an effort to bring more uniformity across the various platform versions of Terraria.
- Ocram, similar to the Moon Lord, seems to be made up of certain bosses, including the Eye of Cthulu and the Brain of Cthulu.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed ().
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed ().
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Removed.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now summonable.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, but unspawnable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.