Ocram is one of two final Hardmode bosses of Terraria in the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , the other being versionDuke Fishron. He is summoned with the Suspicious Looking Skull at night in a Hardmode world. Ocram is the only Boss that will drop Souls of Blight.
While Ocram is alive, music Boss 4 will play.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ocram's attack style is very similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu and the Brain of Cthulhu. It has two stages, spawns minions, and flies around, usually near the player. It still spawns minions in its second form, and additionally fires lasers and scythes similar to that of Demons.
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
After Ocram's health is reduced to half, it switches to its second form, during which its damage doubles and Servants of Ocram continue spawning. Additionally:
- Charging at the player becomes constant.
- Its laser changes to a much more damaging blue version, which fires with a greater spread.
- Demon Scythe projectiles accompany its lasers.
- Distance between the player and Ocram gets smaller.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ocram will drop Greater Healing Potions in the Old-gen console version, and Lesser Healing Potions in the Mobile version and . version
- Attempting to use the Suspicious Looking Skull during the day will do nothing, and the item will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- Ocram's hitbox is strange in that it is not the same size of the sprite.
- Ocram tends to get closer to the player than most bosses. This can sometimes prove helpful to players using melee or short ranged weapons.
- Maps on the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and do not show boss icons. Being exclusive to the listed versions, this currently makes Ocram one of the only bosses that does not have a map icon, the other 2 being versionLepus and Turkor the Ungrateful.
- Ocram's Scythes can move so fast, that they can even go through thin walls of blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Paladin's Hammer is a very good choice as it does high damage to the Servants of Ocram and Ocram itself.
- Vampire Knives are very useful for their life stealing ability.
- The Horseman's Blade is very effective against the servants.
- Using fast, high damaging swords against Ocram and its servants work very well. A Terra Blade is a good example of this.
- Average melee weapons with no ranged features tend to be less effective, as it can be difficult to make physical contact with Ocram.
- Crystal Bullets or Chlorophyte Bullets with a strong Gun such as the Megashark or Clockwork Assault Rifle can do high damage against Ocram.
- The Flamethrower is very effective against the Servants of Ocram.
- Using a Rainbow Gun works very well if you use it correctly. This also applies to the Death Sickle.
- The Inferno Fork is a good weapon to use when Ocram isn't moving. It's also useful for getting rid of its servants.
- The Flairon is very effective as the homing bubbles group together and home in towards Ocram and his Servants, dealing high damage.
- Placing nimbus clouds from the Nimbus Rod help do damage while the player is busy avoiding attacks.
- If you can get a Piranha Gun, you can simply evade Ocram, only requiring you keep the mechanical piranha latched onto Ocram.
- The Nettle Burst can be useful as Ocram tends to float in one area.
- The Bubble Gun is very effective for its rapid damage.
- Minions such as the Optic Staff or Raven Staff are effective against Ocram. Sentries such as the Queen Spider Staff or Staff of the Frost Hydra are good additional minions.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. The only problem with this strategy is the player will need to acquire a weapon that can pierce through walls. Another way to do this is to make a long box in the air to make room for dodging its melee attacks, this way you can still use weapons which do not pierce through walls.
- While the Servants are weak on their own, they spawn in large numbers and can inflict high damage.
- Note that Ocram has a large hitbox, meaning most weapons will easily hit it.
- Spectre armor (using Spectre Hood) with Razorpine combined with the effects of the Mana Flower (as long as you have enough Mana potions) can make the fight with Ocram ridiculously easy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of the 1.2 update for the Console version, Ocram and his Servants are the only Console-only enemies to not get a new sprite, possibly because their sprite was not a recolor of anything prior to the 1.2 update.
- "Ocram" spelled backwards is "Marco", the name of Ocram's programmer.
- Ocram drops Adamantite Ore, making it possible to get it naturally in a world that has Titanium Ore from smashing Altars.
- According to a Terraria forum post by Cenx, Ocram was removed from the Console version when 1.3 was released and will also happen to the Mobile version when Mobile 1.3 is released, but not on the or version Kindle Fire HD and prior. According to that, the reason for this is that the developers at Re-logic "have never felt Ocram was a good fit or a really engaging boss fight". While Ocram and its respective enemies and items will be removed from the game, any Ocram Trophies and Masks that have already been collected by players will be grandfathered and kept in the game. However, no new Masks or Trophies can be acquired. Any Souls of Blight in a player's inventory or in a storage item were converted into 5 Gold Coins per soul, x2.5 their sell price. The Armor sets dropped by Ocram become Vanity sets sold by the Traveling Merchant. After Ocram is removed from the Mobile version, Ocram will only be avaliable on the Old-gen console version, Kindle Fire HD and prior, and the . version
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed ().
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed ().
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now summonable.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, but unspawnable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.