Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ocram is one of the final Hardmode bosses of Terraria in the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and . It is summoned with the versionSuspicious Looking Skull at night in a Hardmode world. Ocram is the only boss that will drop Souls of Blight.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ocram's attack style is very similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu and the Brain of Cthulhu. It has two stages, spawns minions, and flies around, usually near the player. It still spawns minions in its second form, and additionally fires lasers and scythes similar to that of Demons.
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
After Ocram's health is reduced to half, it switches to its second form, during which its damage doubles and Servants of Ocram continue spawning. Additionally:
- Charging at the player becomes constant.
- Its laser changes to a much more damaging blue version, which fires with a greater spread.
- Demon Scythe projectiles accompany its lasers.
- Distance between the player and Ocram gets smaller.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ocram will drop Greater Healing Potions in the Old-gen console version, and Lesser Healing Potions in the Mobile version and . version
- Attempting to use the Suspicious Looking Skull during the day will do nothing, and the item will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- Ocram's hitbox is strange in that it is not the same size as the sprite.
- Ocram tends to get closer to the player than most bosses. This can sometimes prove helpful to players using melee or short ranged weapons.
- Maps on the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and do not show boss icons. Being exclusive to the listed versions, this currently makes Ocram one of the only bosses that does not have a map icon, the other 2 being versionLepus and Turkor the Ungrateful.
- Due to the high velocity of Ocram's Scythes, they can go through thin walls of blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Paladin's Hammer is a very good choice as it does high damage to the Servants of Ocram and Ocram itself.
- Crystal Bullets or Chlorophyte Bullets with a strong Gun such as the Megashark or Clockwork Assault Rifle can do high damage against Ocram.
- The Flairon is very effective as the homing bubbles group together and home in towards Ocram and its Servants, dealing high damage.
- Placing clouds from the Nimbus Rod helps to do damage while the player is busy avoiding attacks.
- If you can get a Piranha Gun, you can simply evade Ocram, only requiring you keep the mechanical piranha latched onto Ocram.
- The Nettle Burst can be useful as Ocram tends to float in one area.
- The Bubble Gun is very effective for its rapid damage.
- Minions such as the Optic Staff or Raven Staff are effective against Ocram. Sentries such as the Queen Spider Staff or Staff of the Frost Hydra are good additional minions.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. The only problem with this is that the player will need to acquire a weapon that can pierce through walls.
- While the Servants are weak on their own, they spawn in large numbers.
- Spectre armor (with the Hood) with Razorpine combined with the effects of the Mana Flower (as long as you have enough Mana potions) can make the fight with Ocram ridiculously easy.
- Use a Bow like the Tsunami with Heart Arrows to completely stun Ocram.
- Firing up with the North Pole is very useful against Ocram for he stays in the same area for most of the battle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of the 1.2 update for the Console version, Ocram and its Servants are the only Console-only enemies to not have their sprites updated, possibly because their sprites were not recolors of anything prior to the 1.2 update.
- Queen Bee shares its boss theme with Ocram.
- The Eye of Cthulhu also shares the theme on the Old-gen console version.
- "Ocram" spelled backwards is "Marco", the name of Ocram's programmer.
- Ocram drops Adamantite Ore, making it possible to get it naturally in a world that generated Titanium Ore from smashing Altars.
- According to a Terraria forum post by Cenx, Ocram will be removed from Mobile when 1.3 is released there, but not on the . The procedure will be similar to when 1.3 was released on version Console:
- Ocram and its related enemies and items will be removed from the game.
- Any Souls of Blight in a player's inventory or in a storage item will be converted into 5 per soul, 2.5 times their sell value.
- The reason for this is that the developers at Re-Logic "have never felt Ocram was a good fit or a really engaging boss fight". After Ocram is removed from the Mobile version, he will only be available on the Old-gen console and the versions.
- Despite Ocram being a Hardmode boss in 1.2, it only drops Lesser Healing Potions.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed ().
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed ().
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now summonable.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, but unspawnable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.