We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the console, mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
Ocram is one of two final Hardmode bosses exclusive to the Console version, Mobile version, and version of Terraria. He is summoned with the Suspicious Looking Skull at night in a Hardmode world. Ocram is the only Boss that will drop Souls of Blight.
While Ocram is alive, music Boss 4 will play.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ocram's attack style is very similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu: It has two stages and spawns minions, but still spawns these in its second form, and additionally fires lasers and scythes similar to that of Demons.
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
After Ocram's health is reduced to half, it switches to its second form, during which its damage doubles and Servants of Ocram continue spawning. Additionally:
- Charging at the player becomes constant.
- Its laser changes to a more damaging blue version, which fires with a greater spread.
- Demon Scythe projectiles accompany its lasers.
- Distance between the player and Ocram gets smaller.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The mask that he drops is exclusive to the Console version.
- Ocram will drop Greater Healing Potions in the Console version, and Lesser Healing Potions in the Mobile version and version.
- Attempting to use the Suspicious Looking Skull in a world not in Hardmode and/or during the day, will do nothing, and the item will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- Ocram's hitbox is strange in that it is not the size of the sprite, and does not rotate with the sprite.
- Ocram tends to get closer to the player than most bosses. This can sometimes prove helpful to the player.
- According to a post by Cenx on the Terraria forums, Ocram will be removed from the Console version when Update 1.3 is added, along with any associated enemies and items. The mask and trophy, however, will remain grandfathered as legacy items. This will only affect the Xbox One and PS4, all other console platforms will continue to have Ocram.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Paladins Hammer is very effective for the servants as well damages Ocram
- Using a Rainbow Gun works very well, as Ocram stays in one place for several seconds at a time. Using Death Sickle works as well.
- The Inferno Fork is a good weapon to use when Ocram isn't moving. It's also useful for getting rid of his servants.
- It's very easy to just mow down the servants of Ocram with a Terra Blade or other fast, high damage swords.
- The Flairon is very effective as the homing bubbles group together and fly towards Ocram and his Servants and deal great damage.
- Nimbus clouds are also effective when you place them above your battle field.
- Crystal Bullets or Chlorophyte Bullets with an Unreal Megashark are effective.
- Average melee weapons with no ranged features tend to be less effective, as it can be difficult to make physical contact with Ocram.
- Vampire Knives are very useful since each knife does the same amount of damage and it also heals you which when teamed with offensive Beetle armor can be devastating.
- Terra Blade is useful, especially when you hold down the button or rapidly press the button to spam Terra Beams.
- The Flamethrower is very effective, even when using melee-themed armor.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. The only problem with this strategy is the player will need to acquire a weapon that can attack through walls. Another way to do this is to make this box in the air and making it long to make room for dodging it's melee attack, this way you can use weapons like Razorpine that spawn a bit away from the player.
- If you can get the Piranha Gun and Beetle Armor, you can stand totally still with the Piranha on Ocram, while the Servants of Ocram deal 1 damage, avoiding most of the damage from Ocram himself.
- While the Servants are weak on their own, they spawn in large numbers and can inflict high damage.
- The Nettle Burst, a drop from Plantera, can be useful, as Ocram tends to float in one area for a couple seconds. The Nettle Burst can get several hits off in that time period.
- Note that as Ocram's hit box is quite large, most ranged and magic weapons that have large projectiles like the Jack 'O Lantern Launcher or the Bubble Gun will hit him.
- The Bubble Gun will mow Ocram down in under 15 seconds. It is extremely effective if you wish to farm him for items.
- The Horseman's Blade is a good choice, especially when combined with Beetle armor and damage-augmenting accessories. This will help deal with the servants of Ocram he barfs out while damaging Ocram at the same time.
- This boss is relatively hard if the player constructs a flat platform and fights it like the Eye of Cthulhu.
- The Staff of the Frost Hydra is near useless- mobile summons like the Optic staff or Raven staff may be more effective.
- Having a Razorblade Typhoon can be useful against the minions. This can be especially helpful for picking up the hearts and mana if you are a mage, as it will sustain you for a good amount of time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ocram is the only Boss exclusive to both the Console and Mobile versions; since he is the only source of Souls of Blight, they are also exclusive to Console and Mobile.
- As of the 1.2 update for the Console version, Ocram and his servants are the only console-only enemies to not get a new sprite, possibly because their sprite was not a recolor of anything prior to the 1.2 update.
- "Ocram" spelled backwards is "Marco", the name of Ocram's programmer.
- The Souls of Blight that Ocram drops do not have any updated sprite since 1.3 hasn't come out for either Console nor Mobile
- According to a Terraria forum post by Cenx, Ocram is scheduled to be removed from the Console Edition when 1.3 is released. According to her, the reason for this is that the developers at Re-logic "have never felt Ocram was a good fit or a really engaging boss fight". While Ocram and its respective enemies and items will be removed from the game, any Ocram masks and trophies that have already been collected by players will be grandfathered and kept in the game. However, no new masks or trophies can be acquired. Any Souls of Blight in a player's inventory or in a storage item will be converted into 5 gold per soul, the same as their sell price.
History[edit | edit source]
Console Version[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.07: Now has a chance to drop its mask.
- Console 1.02: Now has a chance to drop its trophy.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
Mobile Version[edit | edit source]
Version[edit | edit source]
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Console/Mobile only enemies |
|Pre-Hardmode||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Dragon Hornet • Dragon Skull • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Vampire Miner|
|Hardmode||Arch Wyvern • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Shadow Slime • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Spectral Mummy|
|Bosses||Ocram • Servant of Ocram • Lepus • Diseaster Bunny • Turkor the Ungrateful|