|Old-gen console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the old-gen console, mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
Ocram is one of two final Hardmode bosses of Terraria, the other being Duke Fishron. He is summoned with the Suspicious Looking Skull at night in a Hardmode world. Ocram is the only Boss that will drop Souls of Blight.
While Ocram is alive, music Boss 4 will play.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ocram's attack style is very similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu: It has two stages and spawns minions, but still spawns these in its second form, and additionally fires lasers and scythes similar to that of Demons.
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
After Ocram's health is reduced to half, it switches to its second form, during which its damage doubles and Servants of Ocram continue spawning. Additionally:
- Charging at the player becomes constant.
- Its laser changes to a more damaging blue version, which fires with a greater spread.
- Demon Scythe projectiles accompany its lasers.
- Distance between the player and Ocram gets smaller.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The mask that he drops is exclusive to the Console version and Old-gen console version.
- Ocram will drop Greater Healing Potions in the Old-gen console version, and Lesser Healing Potions in the Mobile version and version.
- Attempting to use the Suspicious Looking Skull in a world not in Hardmode and/or during the day, will do nothing, and the item will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- Ocram's hitbox is strange in that it is not the size of the sprite, and does not rotate with the sprite.
- Ocram tends to get closer to the player than most bosses. This can sometimes prove helpful to the player.
- According to a post by Cenx on the Terraria forums, Ocram was removed from the Console version when Update 1.3 was added, along with any associated enemies and items. The mask and trophy, however remained, grandfathered as legacy items. This only affects the Xbox One and PS4 systems; all other console platforms will continue to have Ocram. This will soon also happen to the Mobile version of Terraria, but will not happen to the version of Terraria and Kindle Fire HD and prior.
- Maps on the Console, Mobile, and 3DS platforms do not show boss icons. Being exclusive to the listed versions, this currently makes Ocram the one of the only bosses that does not have a map icon, the other 2 being Lepus and Turkor the Ungrateful.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Paladin's Hammer is a very good choice as it does high damage to the Servants of Ocram and Ocram itself.
- Using a Rainbow Gun works very well if you use it correctly. This also applies to the Death Sickle.
- The Inferno Fork is a good weapon to use when Ocram isn't moving. It's also useful for getting rid of its servants.
- Using fast, high damaging swords against Ocram and its servants work very well. A Terra Blade is a good example of this.
- The Flairon is very effective as the homing bubbles group together and home in towards Ocram and his Servants, dealing high damage.
- Placing nimbus clouds from the Nimbus Rod will be useful.
- Crystal Bullets or Chlorophyte Bullets with a strong Gun such as the Megashark or Clockwork Assault Rifle can do high damage against Ocram.
- Average melee weapons with no ranged features tend to be less effective, as it can be difficult to make physical contact with Ocram.
- Vampire Knives are very useful for their life stealing ability.
- The Flamethrower is very effective against the Servants of Ocram.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. The only problem with this strategy is the player will need to acquire a weapon that can pierce through walls. Another way to do this is to make a long box in the air to make room for dodging its melee attacks, this way you can still use weapons which do not pierce through walls.
- If you can get a Piranha Gun, you can simply evade Ocram, only requiring you keep the mechanical piranha latched onto Ocram.
- While the Servants are weak on their own, they spawn in large numbers and can inflict high damage.
- The Nettle Burst can be useful as Ocram tends to float in one area.
- Note that Ocram has a large hitbox, meaning most weapons will likely hit it.
- The Bubble Gun is very effective for its rapid damage.
- The Horseman's Blade is very effective against the servants.
- Minions such as the Optic Staff or Raven Staff are effective against Ocram. Sentries such as the Queen Spider Staff or Staff of the Frost Hydra are good additional minions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ocram is the only Boss exclusive to both the Console and Mobile versions; since he is the only source of Souls of Blight, they are also exclusive to Console and Mobile.
- As of the 1.2 update for the Console version, Ocram and his servants are the only console-only enemies to not get a new sprite, possibly because their sprite was not a recolor of anything prior to the 1.2 update.
- "Ocram" spelled backwards is "Marco", the name of Ocram's programmer.
- The Souls of Blight that Ocram drops do not have any updated sprites since 1.3 hasn't come out for any of the versions they are in.
- Ocram drops Adamantite Ore, making it possible to get it naturally on a Titanium Ore world.
- Note that Adamantite Ore is required to make Ocram's summoning item, the Suspicious Looking Skull, requiring you to have an existing Adamantite world.
- According to a Terraria forum post by Cenx, Ocram was removed from the Console version when 1.3 was released and will also happen to the Mobile version when Mobile 1.3 is released, but not on Kindle Fire HD and prior. According to that, the reason for this is that the developers at Re-logic "have never felt Ocram was a good fit or a really engaging boss fight". While Ocram and its respective enemies and items will be removed from the game, any Ocram masks and trophies that have already been collected by players will be grandfathered and kept in the game. However, no new masks or trophies can be acquired. Any Souls of Blight in a player's inventory or in a storage item will be converted into 5 gold per soul, x2.5 their sell price. The armor sets dropped by Ocram will become vanity sets sold by the Traveling Merchant. After Ocram is removed from the Mobile version of Terraria, Ocram will only be avaliable on the Old-gen console version, Kindle Fire HD and prior, and version.
History[edit | edit source]
Console version[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed ().
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed (4).
- Console-Release: Introduced.
Mobile version[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now summonable.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, but unspawnable.
version[edit | edit source]
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Old-gen console/Mobile/3DS-Only Enemies |
|Pre-Hardmode||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Dragon Hornet • Dragon Skull • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Vampire Miner|
|Hardmode||Arch Wyvern • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Shadow Slime • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Spectral Mummy|
|Bosses||Ocram (Servant of Ocram) • Lepus • Diseaster Bunny • Turkor the Ungrateful|