Have you seen an ogre yet? I want to ride on the back of one!
— The Party Girl
The Ogre is a Hardmode mini-boss that spawns in the Old One's Army event during wave 7 in Tier 2 and waves 5 and 6 in Tier 3. It is slow but powerful.
This mini-boss has a few different attacks:
- Attacking from a long range, the Ogre will hurl a ball of snot at a target. While it will only damage targets it hits, upon contact with tiles it will inflict the Oozed debuff on any nearby player, slowing them down significantly.
- When a target is nearby, the Ogre will occasionally jump into the air and land with a shockwave, doing area damage about ten blocks forward in each direction on the ground, dealing high damage and knockback.
- The last attack is a simple swing of the club, which the Ogre will only do if a target is right in front of it. This attack does incredible damage and knockback, encouraging players to stay at a distance.
- The club swing attack of the Ogre can deal minor knockback to players equipped with Shields.
- The easiest method to dodge the Ogre's jump is to either jump before he lands or to stay in the air. But make sure your jump height is enhanced (via wings or other mobility accessories) otherwise you'll still take damage.
- Another easy way to dodge its jump attack is to fight the Old One's Army in space, where the very low gravity prolongs its jump to extreme lengths. This makes it easy to walk away before it lands.
- The Oozed debuff does not affect the speed of flying Mounts that are not in contact with the ground. Therefore, using the Cosmic Car Key can be really helpful when fighting.
- The Ogre has a very powerful close range attack, so when you are fighting it you should use ranged weapons.
- Using Yoyos with the Yoyo Bag equipped can be an extremely effective method of killing the Ogre.
- It is important to deal high damage to the Ogre before he is halfway between the portal and the Eternia Crystal, because he will then begin to target the crystal. His snot-balls can also hit the player at this stage.
- The Ogre can be easily maneuvered around making it easy to dodge his snot ball and club swing attacks.
- The Ogre has an Expert mode Treasure Bag in Terraria's game files, but it is currently unobtainable as he does not actually drop it.
- An ogre is a legendary monster usually depicted as a large, hideous, man-like being that eats ordinary human beings, especially infants and children. In mythology, ogres are often depicted as inhumanly large and tall and having a disproportionately large head, abundant hair, unusually colored skin, a voracious appetite, and a strong body.
- Ogres at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
|An Ogre using each of its attacks to defeat a player.