Old-gen console version
The Old-gen console version of Terraria was published by 505 Games and developed by Engine Software. It is a port of the Desktop version,which is developed by Re-Logic. This version contains exclusive content not available on other versions, including enemies, achievements, music tracks and Music Boxes, armor, weapons, pets, and a boss, but most exclusive content is also available on the version.
The old-gen console version runs on four different console systems: the , , Xbox 360, and Wii U. Due to hardware requirement issues and memory constraints, this version cannot receive significant updates past the Desktop 126.96.36.199 equivalent.
|Console||Date of Last Update||Current Version||Desktop Equivalent|
|August 26, 2016||1.09||188.8.131.52|
|Wii U||September 2, 2016||1.08||184.108.40.206|
Old-gen console-exclusive content[edit | edit source]
Most of the following content is also available on the version.
Japanese Release[edit | edit source]
Exclusive content[edit | edit source]
The Japanese console versions seem to have everything the U.S. console versions have, aside from Purple Thread and a purple Hero's set. They also have some extra exclusive costumes, crafted from the exclusive White Thread, shown below. The Japanese wiki mentions that the Japanese also had Purple Thread, but has no page for it, so perhaps it was translated incorrectly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The visual novel adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc also features a small reference to Terraria in one of the game menus.
- Terraria has its own Japanese website and used to have its own licensed Let's Play series.
- The Japan-exclusive vanity sets reference Toro Inoue, the mascot of Sony's PlayStation Network in Japan, who also appears in numerous other video games, Monomi and Monokuma from the video game franchise Danganronpa, and Shiren, protagonist of the roguelike video game Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer.
- The Danganronpa crossover was suggested by the publisher of the game as an alternative for the Hero's set, as they were concerned it would trigger potential copyright issues in Japan.
References[edit | edit source]
- NO MORE UPDATES FOR Xbox 360 | PS3 | PS Vita | Wii U | 3DS Nov 19, 2016
- The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile Jul 25, 2016
- Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update Jun 9, 2016