|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||35 Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons twins to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The twins will fight for you|
The Optic Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon that summons a miniature version of The Twins in their second form, which follow the player and attack enemies. The Staff is very powerful, and it can potentially be used up to pre-Golem.
The summoned pair of characters (named Spazmamini and Retinamini, respectively) attack via a melee and ranged laser attack respectively, similar to the behavior of The Twins boss (except for the cursed flames that Spazmamini doesn't spew). Like other minions, the summoned Twins are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, exits the world, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal Critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Optic Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One pair of twins counts as one minion toward the maximum minion count.
- Since the twins are paired, a player can get 22 "minions" with maximum minion capacity, as opposed to the usual 11.
- Its laser projectiles emit a small amount of light.
- The lasers travel straight forward, so they may miss against fast or far away enemies.
- Due to its piercing attacks, the twins can only hit the same enemy a maximum of 6 times per second, regardless of how many twins are summoned (this applies to all weapons and summons that pierce enemies).
- It is possible to get unmatching amounts of Retinamini and Spazmamini by maxing the spawn cap and lowering it. It's also possible to get an odd amount by summoning spiders with the Spider Staff after summoning the twins, since the spiders don't count for a full minion.
- Unlike most flying minions, the Twins will not naturally pass through blocks unless the player has moved out of range. This makes them incredibly prone to getting stuck in tight areas and caves.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Optic Staff is effective against bosses, as each eye attacks individually, and is especially effective against The Destroyer, as the Spazmamini will pierce each segment.
- They do not do well against a separated enemy crowd, and are better for thick enemy crowds such as those in the Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, and Goblin army, as well as in the Dungeon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The icon indicating that game data is saving on the Mobile version and resembles the Optic Staff minions, except it looks more like the first stage of a Retinazer, instead of the second, mechanized stage. version
- Unlike the Twins boss, the minions are not connected by a tendril.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Now requires 10 mana.
- Fixed bug where Twin Minion pairs could become uneven or re-summoning would fail.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, requires 10 mana.