Orichalcum Ore is a magenta-colored Hardmode ore which can replace Mythril Ore in a given world. It requires a Pickaxe power of 110% to mine (Cobalt/Palladium Pickaxe or better, or any drill). Like most Hardmode ores, Orichalcum Ore is generated upon destruction of a Demon/Crimson Altar with a Pwnhammer or any better hammer.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On a small map, Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 1,000 feet (500 tiles).
- On a medium map, Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles).
- On a large map, Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 2,000 feet (1,000 tiles).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields
800*8 more per 4 Orichalcum Ore.
- The advantage Orichalcum has over Mythril is its unique color. Mythril Ore does not stand out as much and bears resemblance to other ores and blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, orichalcum is a legendary metal described by the Athenian philosopher Plato in his work Critias to have been mined in the lost city of Atlantis. It is suspected to have been a sort of alloy involving copper.
- While the in-game color is magenta, orichalcum is speculated to be a more reddish hue.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Placed Orichalcum has a new texture.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.