We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
Orichalcum Ore is a magenta-colored Hardmode Ore which can replace Mythril in a given world. It requires a pickaxe power of 110 to mine (Cobalt/Palladium Pickaxe or better, or any drill). Like all Hardmode Ores, Orichalcum is generated upon destruction of a Demon/Crimson Altar with a Pwnhammer or any better hammer.
- On a small map Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 1,000 feet (500 tiles).
- On a medium map Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles).
- On a large map Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 2,000 feet (1,000 tiles).
- In real life, orichalcum is a legendary metal described by Plato in his work Critias to have been mined in the lost city of Atlantis. It is suspected to have been a sort of alloy involving copper.
- While the in-game colour is magenta, orichalcum is speculated to be a more reddish hue.
- It likely was made this color to avoid confusion with Palladium Ore.
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields 8 more per 4 orichalcum ore.
- 188.8.131.52: Placed Orichalcum has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.