As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Orichalcum armor is a Hardmode armor set and is the counterpart to Mythril armor. Like all Hardmode ore armors, Orichalcum armor has three different headwear options, allowing players to focus on magical, melee, or ranged combat, and each with a corresponding set bonus. Crafting a one-helmet set requires 54 Orichalcum Bars or 216 Orichalcum Ore. Crafting all five pieces requires 78 Orichalcum Bars or 312 Orichalcum Ore.
Whenever the player strikes an enemy while wearing a full set, a flower petal is summoned at the edge of the screen and shoots to the other end of the screen. The flower petal will always be aimed at the enemy that triggered it, but it will damage any other enemy that it goes through. The flower petal deals around 30 damage to each target it strikes and can pierce, causing damage to multiple foes in a line with a single attack. Petals travel very quickly and pass through solid blocks and liquid with ease. There is roughly a one-second cooldown before another flower petal can be summoned again.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The flower petals will destroy most background objects, like Pots or the Larva inside a Bee Hive, which can lead to accidentally summoning the Queen Bee.
- The flower petals can be triggered by minion attacks and the stars from the Star Cloak.
Tips[edit | edit source]
|Orichalcum armor test|
using dyes on accessories
|No dye||Pink Dye||Violet Dye|
- To color-match items to Orichalcum armor, use Violet Dye instead of Pink Dye.
- Orichalcum armor's set bonus is powerful against worm-type enemies like Wyverns or The Destroyer, as the petals will hit all of the worm's segments if they enter at a lucky angle.
- This armor is effective with high fire-rate weapons such as the Clockwork Assault Rifle, which can trigger the set bonus constantly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Orichalcum is a metal mentioned in ancient writings, but its nature and means of creation is lost to history, leaving it known only by name. It is frequently used in fantasy works as a material more valuable than real-world metals, but there is little consistency between its properties in popular culture.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now requires more bars to craft.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Updated female sprite.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.