Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Knockback||9 (Very strong)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||A powerful returning hammer|
- Paladin's Hammer (friendly)
Paladin's Hammer is a Hardmode, post-Plantera boomerang with extreme velocity and knockback, though with one of the shortest ranges of any boomerang. Paladin's Hammer has a 6.67% / 9.78% (1/15 / 22/225) chance to be dropped from Paladins in post-Plantera Dungeon areas with Brick background walls.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- By default, it cannot autoswing, unlike most late-game weapons. The Titan Glove and its variants' autoswing ability for melee weapons can rectify this, making this weapon much more useful.
- Increasing melee speed by reforging the weapon also increases its range, as with most boomerangs.
- While the hammer is clearly visible in darkness, it emits no light.
- In Expert Mode, a Paladin has a chance of 1/450 or 0.22% to drop two Paladin's Hammers at a time, and a chance of 7/1125 or 0.62% to drop both a Paladin's Hammer and a Paladin's Shield. Note that both of these chances are already included in the 9.78% (22/225) stated above.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The infinite piercing of Paladin's Hammer makes it very effective against multi-segmented enemies, which it can strike multiple times in one pass. It is similarly effective against enemies that fire destroy-able projectiles, because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- It has similar damage as the Possessed Hatchet. The main differences are that the Paladin's Hammer can pierce, is somewhat faster, does not home in on enemies, and has a lot more knockback.
- When paired with the Dragon armor set and Fire Gauntlet, this weapon can become a highly powerful weapon, possibly dealing a higher DPS than the Terra Blade.
- Due to its high speed, this weapon is effective for clearing the Cobwebs out of a Spider Cave while simultaneously removing or severely damaging any enemies in the vicinity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games, though they are not often thrown.
- The hammer's throwing function is similar to Mjölnir, the magical hammer wielded by Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- This is the only hammer in the game that has no function as a tool, but still activates the "Stop! Hammer Time!" achievement.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.