|Knockback||9 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||A powerful returning hammer|
- Paladins Hammer Friendly
Paladin's Hammer is a Hardmode, post-Plantera boomerang with extreme velocity and knockback, though with one of the shortest ranges of any boomerang. Paladin's Hammer has a 6.67% / 10% (1/15 / 1/10) chance to be dropped from Paladins in post-Plantera Dungeon areas with Brick background walls. Along with the Possessed Hatchet the Paladin Hammer has the highest base damage of any melee in the mobile version. Its best modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It cannot autoswing, unlike most late-game weapons.
- Increasing melee speed by reforging the weapons also increases its range, as with most boomerangs.
- While the hammer is clearly visible in darkness, it emits no light.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The infinite piercing of Paladin's Hammer makes it very effective against multi-segmented enemies, which it can strike multiple times in one pass. It is similarly effective against enemies that fire destroy-able projectiles, because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- It has similar damage as the Possessed Hatchet. The main differences are that the Paladin's Hammer can pierce, is somewhat faster, does not home in on enemies, and has a lot more knockback.
- When paired with the Dragon armor set and Fire Gauntlet, this weapon can become a highly powerful weapon, possibly dealing a higher DPS than the Terra Blade.
- Due to its high speed, this weapon is effective for clearing the cobwebs out of a Spider Nest while simultaneously removing or severely damaging any enemies in the vicinity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games, though they are not often thrown.
- The hammer's throwing function is similar to Mjölnir, the magical hammer wielded by Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- This is the only hammer in the game that has no function as a tool, but still activates the "Stop! Hammer Time!" achievement.
- While using auto-fire in the mobile version, the character will always throw 2 hammers.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.