|Knockback||9 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
Paladin's Hammer is a Hardmode, post-Plantera boomerang with extreme velocity and knockback, though with one of the shortest ranges of any boomerang. Paladin's Hammer has a 6.67% / 10% (1/15 / 1/10) chance to be dropped from Paladins in post-Plantera Dungeon areas with Brick background walls.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It cannot autoswing, unlike most late-game weapons.
- Increasing melee speed by reforging the weapons also increases its range, as with most boomerangs.
- While the hammer is clearly visible in darkness, it emits no light.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The infinite piercing of Paladin's Hammer makes it very effective against multi-segmented enemies, which it can strike multiple times in one pass. It is similarly effective against enemies that fire destroy-able projectiles, because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- It has similar damage as the Possessed Hatchet. The main difference is that the Paladin's Hammer can pierce, is somewhat faster, does not home in on enemies, and has a lot more knockback.
- When paired with the Dragon armor set and Fire Gauntlet, this weapon can become a highly powerful weapon, possibly dealing a higher DPS than the Terra Blade.
- Due to its high speed, this weapon is effective for clearing the cobwebs out of a Spider Nest while simultaneously removing or severely damaging any enemies in the vicinity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games, though they are not often thrown.
- The hammer's throwing function is similar to Mjölnir, the magical hammer wielded by Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- This is the only hammer in the game that has no function as a tool, but still activates the "Stop! Hammer Time!" achievement.
- While using auto-fire in the mobile version, the character will always throw 2 hammers.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.