|Tooltip|| Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team|
Only active above 25% life
|Grants buff||Paladin's Shield|
|Buff duration||Infinite (while conditions are met)|
|Buff tooltip||25% of damage taken will be redirected to another player|
|Internal Item ID: 938|
|Internal Buff ID: 43|
Paladin's Shield is a Hardmode post-Plantera accessory. While equipped, and when the wearer's health is above 25%, it grants all nearby players on their team the Paladin's Shield buff: this buff causes 25% of any damage inflicted on them to transfer to the wearer of the shield instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Damage is split by Paladin's Shield before either player's defense is factored in: The attacked teammate's defense is applied to the 75% damage they still take, and the wearer's own defense applies to the remaining 25%.
- The wearer will always take at least 1 damage from a teammate being hit. This will trigger the effects of items like the Sweetheart Necklace or the Star Veil.
- While wearing a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear in addition, transferred damage from teammates has a chance of being "dodged" just like any other damage source.
- It is possible to be killed from the Paladin's Shield buff. One method is to have a nearby ally trigger some explosives, inflicting 25% of the fatal damage onto the player equipping the accessory. Players killed in this way will only have their name displayed in the chat, with no apparent cause of death.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Fixed bug from 184.108.40.206 where damage would not be properly reduced.
- 1.2.3: Sprite updated.
- 1.2: Introduced.