|Type||Accessory – Shield|
|Tooltip||Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team|
Only active above 25% life
|Buff duration||Infinite (while conditions are met)|
|Buff tooltip||25% of damage taken will be redirected to another player|
Paladin's Shield is a Hardmode post-Plantera accessory. While equipped, and when the wearer's health is above 25%, it grants all nearby players on their team the Paladin's Shield buff: this buff causes 25% of any damage inflicted on them to transfer to the wearer of the shield instead.
Paladin's Shield is dropped from Paladins in the post-Plantera Dungeon. In normal mode, the drop chance is 9.33% (14/150). In expert mode, there is a 13.56% (3052/22500) chance to drop at least one Paladin's Shield, with 0.44% (98/22500) chance of dropping two, so, if you killed N Paladins, you can expect to get 14% * N Paladin's Shields.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If two or more players on the same party equip the Paladin's Shield, only the one closest to the damaged party member will take the split damage, furthermore, the players equipped with the Shield will not have their own damage shared with others also using the Paladin's Shield, only those party members without the Shield will have their damage mitigated.
- Damage is split by Paladin's Shield before either player's defense is factored in: The attacked teammate's defense is applied to the 75% damage they still take, and the wearer's own defense applies to the remaining 25%.
- The wearer will always take at least 1 damage from a teammate being hit. This will trigger the effects of items like the Sweetheart Necklace or the Star Veil.
- While wearing a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear in addition, transferred damage from teammates has a chance of being "dodged" just like any other damage source.
- It is possible to be killed from the Paladin's Shield buff. One method is to have a nearby ally trigger some explosives, inflicting 25% of the fatal damage onto the player equipping the accessory. Players killed in this way will only have their name displayed in the chat, with no apparent cause of death.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.