Paladin's Shield

From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Paladin's Shield (buff))
Jump to: navigation, search
Paladin's Shield
  • Paladin's Shield inventory sprite
  • Paladin's Shield equipped
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
TypeAccessoryShield
Defense6
TooltipAbsorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team
Only active above 25% life
Grants BuffPaladin's Shield (buff).png Paladin's Shield
Buff durationInfinite (while conditions are met)
Buff tooltip25% of damage taken will be redirected to another player
RarityRarity Level: 8
SellGold Coin

Paladin's Shield is a Hardmode post-Plantera accessory. While equipped, and when the wearer's health is above 25%, it grants all nearby players on their team the Paladin's Shield buff: this buff causes 25% of any damage inflicted on them to transfer to the wearer of the shield instead.

In both singleplayer and multiplayer, Paladin's Shield also provides the wearer immunity to knockback (like the Cobalt Shield and its variants), and provide an additional 6 defense.

Paladin's Shield has a 10% / 15 Desktop VersionConsole Version% (1/10 / 1/7 Desktop VersionConsole Version) chance to drop from Paladins in the post-Plantera Dungeon.

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • If two or more players on the same party equip the Paladin's Shield, only the one closest to the damaged party member will take the split damage, furthermore, the players equipped with the Shield will not have their own damage shared with others also using the Paladin's Shield, only those party members without the Shield will have their damage mitigated.
  • Damage is split by Paladin's Shield before either player's defense is factored in: The attacked teammate's defense is applied to the 75% damage they still take, and the wearer's own defense applies to the remaining 25%.
  • The wearer will always take at least 1 damage from a teammate being hit. This will trigger the effects of items like the Sweetheart Necklace or the Star Veil.
  • While wearing a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear in addition, transferred damage from teammates has a chance of being "dodged" just like any other damage source.
  • It is possible to be killed from the Paladin's Shield buff. One method is to have a nearby ally trigger some explosives, inflicting 25% of the fatal damage onto the player equipping the accessory. Players killed in this way will only have their name displayed in the chat, with no apparent cause of death.

History[edit | edit source]

Hardmode Accessories
 
Black Belt.pngBlack Belt • Tabi.pngTabi • Master Ninja Gear.pngMaster Ninja Gear • Spectre Wings.png Wings • Neptune's Shell.pngNeptune's Shell • Moon Charm.pngMoon Charm • Moon Shell.pngMoon Shell

Warrior Emblem.pngWarrior Emblem • Ranger Emblem.pngRanger Emblem • Sorcerer Emblem.pngSorcerer Emblem • Summoner Emblem.pngSummoner EmblemDesktop VersionConsole Version • Avenger Emblem.pngAvenger Emblem • Destroyer Emblem.pngDestroyer Emblem • Celestial Emblem.pngCelestial EmblemDesktop VersionConsole VersionOld-gen console versionMobile Version • Sun Stone.pngSun Stone • Moon Stone.pngMoon Stone • Celestial Stone.pngCelestial StoneDesktop VersionConsole VersionOld-gen console versionMobile Version • Celestial Shell.pngCelestial ShellDesktop VersionConsole Version • Frozen Turtle Shell.pngFrozen Turtle Shell

Eye of the Golem.pngEye of the Golem • Titan Glove.pngTitan Glove • Power Glove.pngPower Glove • Mechanical Glove.pngMechanical Glove • Fire Gauntlet.pngFire Gauntlet • Magic Quiver.pngMagic Quiver • Rifle Scope.pngRifle Scope • Sniper Scope.pngSniper Scope

Pygmy Necklace.pngPygmy Necklace • Hercules Beetle.pngHercules Beetle • Papyrus Scarab.pngPapyrus ScarabDesktop VersionConsole VersionOld-gen console versionMobile Version • Necromantic Scroll.pngNecromantic Scroll • Star Cloak.pngStar Cloak • Bee Cloak.pngBee Cloak • Cross Necklace.pngCross Necklace • Star Veil.pngStar Veil

Philosopher's Stone.pngPhilosopher's Stone • Charm of Myths.pngCharm of Myths • Adhesive Bandage.pngAdhesive Bandage • Armor Polish.pngArmor Polish • Blindfold.pngBlindfold • Fast Clock.pngFast Clock • Megaphone.pngMegaphone • Trifold Map.pngTrifold Map • Armor Bracing.pngArmor Bracing • Countercurse Mantra.pngCountercurse Mantra • Medicated Bandage.pngMedicated Bandage • The Plan.pngThe Plan • Vitamins.pngVitamins • Ankh Charm.pngAnkh Charm • Ankh Shield.pngAnkh Shield • Paladin's Shield.pngPaladin's Shield

Discount Card.pngDiscount Card • Lucky Coin.pngLucky Coin • Gold Ring.pngGold RingDesktop VersionConsole Version • Coin Ring.pngCoin RingDesktop VersionConsole Version • Greedy Ring.pngGreedy RingDesktop VersionConsole Version • Music Box.pngMusic BoxDesktop VersionConsole VersionOld-gen console version

Equipable Items: Adamantite Breastplate.png Armor • Anklet of the Wind.png Accessories ( Cobalt Shield.png Combat) • Pharaoh's Robe.png Vanity ( Diamond Ring.png Accessories • Purple Dye.png Dyes)
 
Promotional Content