|Placeable||4 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Internal Tile ID: 79
Beds are furniture items which allow the player to set a new spawn point. In order to do so, the bed needs to be placed within a suitable structure (see below) and ⚷ Open / Activate needs to be pressed on it. If all criteria are met, this will cause the following status message to appear: "Spawn point set!". From this point on, when the player dies, or uses a Magic or Ice Mirror, Cell Phone , or Recall Potion, they will re-spawn at that bed's location. Pressing ⚷ Open / Activate on the bed again will remove the spawn point.
If the bed is removed, or if the criteria for the bed to function properly are no longer met, the player's spawn point will revert to the world default. If the bed is removed and replaced in the same location it will still act as the spawn point, as long as it still meets the criteria mentioned.
There are currently 27 craftable beds and 5 that can be acquired from the environment. All beds are functionally identical, and differ only in appearance.
Criteria[edit | edit source]
For a bed to function properly and allow to set the spawn point, the following criteria must be met:
- The bed must have enough space. The room does not have to be any specific shape but the size of the room (including the walls, ceiling and floor) must be between 60 and 749 tiles (inclusive).
- A bed may be placed in a non-rectangular room as long as the leftmost 3 blocks immediately above it are left clear. For instance, there may be a bed (4×2) surrounded by walls on the left, right and bottom sides, and above the foot of the bed. So long as there is space for the player to spawn at the bed (3 high), the bed can be set as a spawn point. See the image below.
- Enemies must not be able to spawn in the room, i.e., the room must contain player-placed background walls. The background walls must not be of a naturally-occurring type of wall. This includes Dirt and Mud Walls and the background walls in chasms and the Dungeon. (Player-placed Dirt Walls will work). However, the naturally-occurring Flower Walls in an Enchanted Sword Shrine will work. Holes in the background wall must be no larger than 4 tiles wide or 4 high. For example, a room that is 9 tiles wide and 4 tiles high split with a background wall down the center is usable as a bedroom.
- Platforms can be used as the room's floor and/or ceiling.
- There must be enough light around it.
The following image demonstrates valid bed placement:
The top left 3 tiles just above the bed are clear. The mirror image of this is also valid.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Noncraftable Beds[edit | edit source]
|Found in the Dungeon.|
|Found in the Dungeon.|
|Found in the Dungeon.|
|Found in Ruined houses, does not disappear in lava.|
|Dropped by Pirates.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is advisable to place and activate a bed in the same house the Nurse is living in, so immediate healing is available after recalling or respawning. Be careful not to reset the spawn point by accidentally hitting the bed upon pressing the Nurse's "heal" button, in case she is standing in front of the bed.
- There are many naturally-generated structures which can serve as suitable locations for a bed, such as Underground Cabins or the houses on Floating Islands. Some might require minor modifications, e.g. to fill background wall holes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pink Dungeon Bed was previously called Red Dungeon Bed. It still is on the Old-gen console version.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Crystal Bed added.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Beds added.
- Now able to remove spawn point by right-clicking on the bed again.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Palm Wood, Mushroom, Boreal Wood, Slime, and Pumpkin Beds added.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Various bed types added.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: If you place a bed somewhere that would cause you to not spawn without breaking through blocks you will now get a message when trying to set your spawn point letting you know the bed is not in a suitable position.
- Desktop 1.2: Various bed types added.
- Desktop 1.0.2: Placing a bed far from the spawn no longer causes a player who has set their spawn there to crash on join.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Added Bone, Pumpkin, Skyware, Slime, and Spooky Beds.
- Console 1.06: Added 1.2.3 Beds.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.12715: Fixed a bug where Bed spawn set messages would not appear.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Added Palm Wood, Mushroom, Boreal Wood, Slime, Pumpkin Beds, and all 1.2.3 Beds.
- Mobile 1.0.2: Fixed a different bug involving bed placement for Google Play release.
- Mobile 1.0.1: Fixed Bed placement bug for Android.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.