|Tooltip||Increases movement speed after taking damage|
The Panic Necklace is an accessory that can be equipped by a player. When equipped, the Panic Necklace grants the player the Panic! buff for five seconds when harmed by any source of damage besides fire blocks. The buff increases movement speed by 50%. It can be found by smashing Crimson Hearts in the Crimson biome, but it can also be obtained by opening Crimson Crates and Hematic Crates which are obtained by fishing in the Crimson.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Panic! buff does not stack with Hermes Boots, nor with the items which are crafted from it and share its functionality. Therefore, Spectre, Lightning, Frostspark, or Terraspark Boots will be preferable to the Panic Necklace once you obtain them as their speed bonus combined with other functionalities will supercede the very temporary bonus of the Panic Necklace.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It's very useful at the beginning of the game if you have not yet obtained Hermes Boots (or its respective upgrades), as damage you take from enemies will provide a great speed boost.
- On the Old-gen console version and one way of triggering the panic buff artificially is by using a versionWooden Bow and Hellfire Arrows. Simply fire into the ground at your feet and the explosion should deal minimal damage.
- To artificially trigger the speed buff, which is incredibly useful and better than that of boots accessories, it may be useful to have some Spikes or a Slime Statue (linked up to spawn one Blue Slime) in your arena to deal minimal damage to you but still activate the debuff. The former is not desirable as of 18.104.22.168 (unless you have the Adhesive Bandage, Medicated Bandage, Ankh Charm, or Ankh Shield), as Spikes will now inflict the Bleeding debuff which blocks natural health regeneration.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has a 1 in 6 (16.67%) chance to be dropped by Crimson Crates.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now has a 1 in 6 (16.67%) chance to be dropped by Crimson Crates. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now has a 1 in 6 (16.67%) chance to be dropped by Crimson Crates. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Now has a 1 in 6 (16.67%) chance to be dropped by Crimson Crates.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.