In the Settings menu from the main menu in Terraria, the Parallax option controls how much the background scrolls relative to the foreground.
Settings of 0-100 (inclusive) are available.
- A setting of 0 (default) will have the background (which consists of sky, walls, etc) scroll with the foreground (what you walk on and bump into etc).
- A setting of 100 will scroll the background tiles at a high speed compared to walking just a little to the left or right.
This effect is most noticeable Underground when you can see the dirt backgrounds scrolling when you move and have parallax set high.
Explanation Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced ().
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.