Sure, me and the Pirate are pals, but I hate it when his parrot does his business on me. That stuff's corrosive!
— The Cyborg
- This article is about the pet. For the enemy that spawns during the Pirate Invasion, see Parrot.
The Parrot Cracker is a pet-summoning item. It summons a pet Parrot which follows the player around. If the player stays still for long enough, it will perch on a nearby solid block, staying still until the player moves away from it. It can be purchased from the Pirate for
3750000*3 75 , if he is spoken to in an Ocean biome.
- The Parrot Cracker is the second most expensive item to buy, more expensive than the Clentaminator (
2000000*2 ) and Autohammer ( 1000000*1 ), but is surpassed by the Companion Cube ( 5000000*5 ).
- The pet Parrot looks exactly the same as the Parrot enemy, which can potentially cause confusion between idle parrots during a Pirate Invasion.
- The tooltip of the pet buff reads "Polly wants the cracker". It is a reference to the phrase "Polly want a cracker", which is said to have its origin in the adventure novel Treasure Island by Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson, published 1883, or the popular slogan for the original saltine cracker by the American cookie and snack manufacturer Nabisco (1876). However, the phrase can be verified to have been in use even before those dates.
- "Wants" contains an errant apostrophe.