|Internal NPC ID: 148-149|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Sell|| 12 50 |
|Internal Item ID: 2205|
A Penguin is a passive critter. It only spawns in the Snow Biome and may spawn with different colors. The Penguin behaves as the other normal ground critters: it wanders around randomly as any other critter would, and it can easily be killed by enemies. Penguins can be caught using the Bug Net, at which point they can be carried around in the inventory and released again later. You can also sell them or craft them into a Penguin Cage that can be used as animated furniture. Once crafted, the penguin cannot be released again.
The Penguin Cage occupies a 6x3 space. The Penguin inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Move from one side to the other of the cage
- Briefly move its head up and down
- Blink in its place
- Look around to the left and right
Penguins become Corrupt Penguins or Vicious Penguins during a Blood Moon and will try to attack the player just like the other enemies. They can also be turned into their Corruption/Crimson variants with Vile Powder or Vicious Powder. They cannot be caught with a Bug Net in this state.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The appearance of the penguin in the Penguin Cage is actually the Baby Penguin pet, because the normal penguin sprite is too tall.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprites updated.
- 188.8.131.52: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2.3: Can now be caught.
- 1.2: Introduced.