|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||66% chance to not consume ammo|
- Phantasm Arrow
The Phantasm is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist craftable bow that auto-fires four arrows at once, while only consuming a single arrow from the player's inventory. Arrows are loosely grouped and can fire with varied velocities and ranges (similar to the Chlorophyte Shotbow). The bow has a 66% chance of not consuming ammunition.
Constantly shooting with the Phantasm will gradually increase its firerate, up to a cap. Stopping the attack or switching to another item will reset this effect immediately, making switching weapons inefficient.
In addition, each successful hit on an enemy causes an additional barrage of magical arrow projectiles to fire and home in on the target that was hit initially, with no additional ammo or mana cost. The rate of fire of these projectiles depends on the current rate of fire of the Phantasm.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With the combined ammo reservation effects of the Vortex Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Ammo Reservation Potion, Ammo Box, and the Magic Quiver, it is possible to achieve an 89.76% chance not to consume ammo. This is the highest possible chance as of 220.127.116.11.
- The Phantasm can still be fired while under the effects of the Stoned debuff, if the attack button was held from before the debuff was inflicted.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If used against the Celestial Pillar during the Lunar Event, the bow can destroy a single pillar within a few seconds due to its extremely high damage output. Combined with its high velocity, a pillar can easily be shot and destroyed from a distance.
- Try not to use piercing arrows, as enemies will have a brief period of invulnerability and many arrows will pass through without causing damage.
- Due to the high rate of fire, certain arrow types prove especially useful:
- Ichor Arrows reduce the defense of enemies, increasing the damage of subsequent arrows.
- Holy Arrows summon falling stars when they hit solid ground that are capable of dealing high amounts of damage.
- It should be taken into consideration that even though the Phantasm has a high chance not to consume ammo, it may still use up many arrows. An Endless Quiver might be more preferable.
- The Phantasm is a good choice for the Dungeon Guardian as it can rapidly land hits on the Dungeon Guardian.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Phantasm is the only celestial weapon that doesn't have a tagline.
- The Phantasm is the only arrow-consuming weapon in the game that has a chance to not consume ammo.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Buffed Phantasm in mechanics slightly.
- Reduced damage from 60 to 50.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed exploit allowing you to get more arrows than you use.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced with mechanics from 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced with mechanics from 184.108.40.206. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.