|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||66% chance to not consume ammo|
- Phantasm Arrow
The Phantasm is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist craftable bow that auto-fires four arrows at once, while only consuming a single arrow from the player's inventory. Arrows are loosely grouped and can fire with varied velocities and ranges (similar to the Chlorophyte Shotbow). The bow has a 66% chance of not consuming ammunition.
Constantly shooting with the Phantasm will gradually increase its fire rate from once per 24 frames, up to once per 18 frames, regardless of use time, meaning that the Phantasm does not benefit from speed modifiers. Stopping the attack or switching to another item will reset this effect immediately, making switching weapons inefficient.
In addition, each successful hit on an enemy causes an additional barrage of magical arrow projectiles to fire and home in on the target that was hit initially, with no additional ammo or mana cost. The rate of fire of these projectiles depends on the current rate of fire of the Phantasm.
Its best modifier is Unreal. Since it does not benefit from speed modifiers, Godly and Demonic provide the same DPS bonus as Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As of 18.104.22.168, the combined ammo reservation effects of the Vortex Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Ammo Reservation Potion, Ammo Box, and the Magic Quiver stack to an 89.76% chance to not consume ammo.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If used against the Celestial Pillars during the Lunar Event, the bow can destroy a single pillar within a few seconds due to its extremely high damage output. Combined with its high velocity, a pillar can easily be shot and destroyed from a distance.
- Try not to use piercing arrows, as enemies will have a brief period of invulnerability and many arrows will pass through without causing damage.
- Due to the high rate of fire, certain arrow types prove especially useful:
- Ichor Arrows reduce the defense of enemies, which greatly increases damage output since the Phantasm deals many hits per second.
- Holy Arrows summon falling stars when they hit solid ground that are capable of dealing high amounts of damage.
- Chlorophyte Arrows are extremely effective against large groups, as the constant high amounts of projectiles will constantly hit enemies and trigger the extra arrows.
- It should be taken into consideration that even though the Phantasm has a high chance not to consume ammo, it may still use up many arrows. An Endless Quiver might be more preferable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Phantasm is the only celestial weapon that doesn't have a tagline.
- The Phantasm is the only arrow-consuming weapon in the game that has a chance to not consume ammo.
- The Phantasm is tied with the Vortex Beater and the Phantom Phoenix for the highest projectile velocity in Terraria. Note that the actual velocity is still lower than those of the Marrow and most guns.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Buffed Phantasm in mechanics slightly.
- Reduced damage from 60 to 50.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed exploit allowing you to get more arrows than you use.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced with mechanics from 220.127.116.11. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced with mechanics from 18.104.22.168. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.