|Damage||32 / 24 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||18 (Very fast) /|
20 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Harnesses the power of undying flames|
- Phantom Phoenix
- Phantom Phoenix
The Phantom Phoenix is a Hardmode bow dropped by the Ogre mini-boss during the Old One's Army event. It fires two arrows at a time, spreading randomly similarly to the Chlorophyte Shotbow, and also fires a large phoenix with a waving arc every third / fourth shot. The phoenix explodes on contact, but does not destroy tiles. It also converts regular Wooden Arrows into Flaming Arrows, similar to the Molten Fury.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Phantom Phoenix has lower base damage than the repeaters available during early Hardmode. However, it fires two arrows at once, doubling total damage done, and converts normal arrows into Flaming Arrows, making the Endless Quiver more powerful. This makes it compete with or exceed the repeaters for DPS when using normal arrows.
- With Holy Arrows, the double-shooting of the Phantom Phoenix makes it operate like the Daedalus Stormbow, with slightly less arrows per shot but easier to aim.
- On the other hand, using piercing arrows such as Jester's or Unholy Arrows will make enemies only take damage from one of the arrows, cutting the damage output in half.
- The flaming phoenix is destroyed by liquids, making the Phantom Phoenix significantly less effective underwater.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like the other Old One's Army weapons, the Phantom Phoenix is a direct reference to the weapon of the same name in Dungeon Defenders 2, due to the Old One's Army event being a crossover event.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 24 to 32.
- Use Time decreased from 20 to 18.
- Phoenix projectile now fires on every 3rd shot instead of every 4th.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 18.104.22.168.