The Phoenix Blaster is a type of gun, and essentially acts as an upgraded Handgun, featuring increased bullet damage and velocity but slightly less knockback than its predecessor. It is third only to the Musket and Star Cannon in base damage among guns available prior to Hardmode, but with more than triple the rate of fire of the Musket; however, it cannot be autofired.
The Phoenix Blaster is one of only 2 weapons in the entire game not to autofire. The other being the Sniper Rifle.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
- The Phoenix Blaster is useful into early-mid Hardmode, outclassing many early-Hardmode weapons.
- It is not recommended to upgrade your Handgun to a Phoenix Blaster because the Phoenix Blaster does not autofire.
- With reasonably rapid manual clicks/taps, however, the Phoenix Blaster can eclipse the Minishark in damage rate.
- The Phoenix Blaster is incredibly effective against the Wall of Flesh due to its high base damage and fire rate.
- The DPS of the Phoenix Blaster from its base damage is ~130.8.
- With the Unreal modifier, it can easily reach a dps of 250-300.
- The Phoenix Blaster, like the Handgun, is modeled after the Colt M1911 pistol.
- The Phoenix Blaster appears to have a flashlight attachment under its barrel, although it is unusable.
- 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 23 to 24.
- 1.2: Sprite updated, Hellstone Bar cost Reduced.
- 1.1: Knockback reduced from 4 to 2.
- 1.0.5: Firing animation sprite reduced in size.
- 1.0.4: Damage reduced from 28 to 23.