The Phoenix Blaster is a type of gun, and essentially acts as an upgraded Handgun, featuring increased bullet damage and velocity but slightly less knockback than its predecessor. It is third only to the Musket and Star Cannon in base damage among guns available prior to Hardmode, but with more than triple the rate of fire of the Musket; however, it cannot be autofired.
Unlike most guns, the Phoenix Blaster does not autofire, but it does have autofire on version.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
- The Phoenix Blaster is useful into early-mid Hardmode, outclassing many early-Hardmode weapons.
- Though it lacks the Minishark's auto-fire, with reasonably rapid manual clicks the Phoenix Blaster generally eclipses the Minishark in damage rate.
- The Phoenix Blaster is incredibly effective against the Wall of Flesh due to its high base damage and fire rate.
- With the Unreal modifier, it can easily reach a dps of 250-300.
- It is not recommended to upgrade your Handgun to a Phoenix Blaster because the Phoenix Blaster does not autofire, unlike most other weapons (except on the version, where it does autofire).
- The Phoenix Blaster, like the Handgun, is modeled after the Colt M1911 pistol.
- The Phoenix Blaster appears to have a flashlight attachment under its barrel, although it is unusable.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 184.108.40.206: Damage increased from 23 to 24.
- 1.2: Sprite updated, Hellstone Bar cost Reduced.
- 1.1: Knockback reduced from 4 to 2.
- 1.0.5: Firing animation sprite reduced in size.
- 1.0.4: Damage reduced from 28 to 23.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.