Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|Use time||16 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Capable of mining Lihzahrd Bricks|
- Internal Item ID: 1294
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Picksaw is usually the first pickaxe the player can obtain that will break Lihzahrd Bricks, as well as Lihzahrd Traps.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It does slightly less damage to enemies than the Pickaxe Axe (which deals 35 damage, 2.9% more), Chlorophyte Pickaxe (which deals 40 damage, 17.6% more), and Shroomite Digging Claw (which deals 45 damage, 32.4% more). If the player has good weapons, this should not be too much of a concern.
- The Picksaw has a lower range bonus than the Spectre Pickaxe (which has a +3 range).
- It has a longer use time than the Shroomite Digging Claw (which has a use time of 12, i.e. is swung 25% faster). However, the Picksaw is able to mine Lihzahrd Bricks and has +1 range bonus.
- Because the Picksaw has a use time close to the Shroomite Digging Claw, the use of full Mining armor along with other mining speed boosts can bring its speed exceptionally close to the Shroomite Digging Claw, with the added perk of more range, and the ability to mine Lihzahrd Bricks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Picksaw is referenced in the Drax's tooltip: 'Not to be confused with a picksaw'.
- It would technically be more appropriate to put it in the Pickaxe Axe's tooltip, as the Drax is a drill with the ability of a chainsaw, while the Pickaxe Axe, similar to the Picksaw, is a pickaxe with the ability of an axe.
- Picksaw is a portmanteau of the words pickaxe and saw, which matches its capability to perform the actions of both (just like the Drax serving as both a drill and axe, and the Pickaxe Axe serving as a pickaxe and an axe).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite Updated.
- Changed drop rate to 1/4 (1/3)
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.