|AI Type||Demon Eye|
|Damage||70 / 140|
|Max Life||210 / 420|
|KB Resist||50% / 55|
|Coins||20 (40 crimson)|
|Internal NPC ID: 170, 171, 180|
The Pigron is a hardmode enemy found in the Underground Snow biome when it is overlapped by Underground Hallow, Underground Corruption, or Underground Crimson. It comes in multiple colors (depending on which spreading biome it's in) and has a special ability to become transparent and nearly invisible, allowing it to fly through solid blocks. As it starts to attack, it will become visible again. When it starts moving towards the player it may also make an audible growl.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Pigrons are Purple in the Underground Corruption, Pink in the Underground Hallow, and Red in the Underground Crimson.
- When the Pigron growls, it sounds like an oddly distorted boss noise when summoned or attacking.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Utilizing the Hunter Potion makes finding and dispatching a Pigron much easier, as it glows when it would normally be nearly invisible.
- In rare cases, Underground Houses will have a functional trap consisting of a a pressure plate and a Pigron Statue, allowing them to be spawned pre-hardmode, however, it will not have any drops.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a portmanteau of the words "Pig" and "Dragon". This was confirmed by Cenx in the IRC.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron, and the mounts fashioned after it, Cute Fishron (summoned with the Shrimpy Truffle), and the Pigron Mount (summoned with the Scaly Truffle).
History[edit | edit source]
- Now has a chance to drop Bacon.
- Sprites updated.
- Now appears in greater varieties.
- 1.2.3: Now has a chance to growl when moving towards the player.
- 220.127.116.11: Can now drop Pigron Banner.
- 1.2: Introduced.