|AI Type||Demon Eye|
|Damage||70 / 140|
|Max Life||210 / 420|
|KB Resist||50% / 55|
|Coins||20 (40 crimson)|
|Internal NPC ID: 170, 171, 180|
The Pigron is a hardmode enemy found in the Underground Snow biome when it is overlapped by Underground Hallow, Underground Corruption, or Underground Crimson. It comes in multiple colors (depending on which spreading biome it's in) and has a special ability to become transparent and nearly invisible, allowing it to fly through solid blocks. As a transparent Pigron starts to attack, it will become visible again. When it starts moving towards the player, it may also make an audible growl. If it's in its solid, visible state and is blocked by solid blocks on its path to the player, it will become transparent again to pass through them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Pigrons are purple in the Underground Corruption, pink in the Underground Hallow, and red in the Underground Crimson.
- When the Pigron growls, it sounds like an oddly distorted boss noise when summoned or attacking.
- In rare cases, Underground Houses will have a functional trap consisting of a a pressure plate and a Pigron Statue, allowing them to be spawned pre-hardmode; however, they will not have any drops.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Utilizing the Hunter Potion makes finding and dispatching a Pigron much easier, as it glows when it would normally be nearly invisible.
- Pay attention for growls while in Underground Snow, since Pigrons will usually be heard sooner than they're seen, and the sound they make is unique.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a portmanteau of the words "Pig" and "Dragon". This was confirmed by Cenx in the IRC.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron, and the mounts fashioned after it, Cute Fishron (summoned with the Shrimpy Truffle), and the Pigron Mount (summoned with the Scaly Truffle).
History[edit | edit source]
- Now has a chance to drop Bacon.
- Sprites updated.
- Now appears in greater varieties.
- 1.2.3: Now has a chance to growl when moving towards the player.
- 1.2: Introduced.