|Placeable||(4 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Beat the shindig out of it!|
May contain a suprise!
Pigronatas are hung by the player from the underside of blocks, similar to banners. When hit with a weapon, they are destroyed in a shower of confetti, and drop coins and/or other loot. Pigronatas are purchased from the Party Girl during Parties for
Drops[edit | edit source]
|33.33%||1 in 3||Flask of Party||1|
|11.11%||1 in 9||Party Bullet||30~90|
|2.6%||5 in 192||Bacon||1~2|
|77.78%||7 in 9||/ Coins|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a 22.22% chance that nothing will drop.
- Party Bullets will only drop if a Flask of Party also drops. A Flask of Party can drop without any Party Bullets.
- The average coin drop is
5777*5777, so in bulk the net cost of buying and breaking Pigronatas averages 4223*4223 apiece. The sale price of the other drops averages 426*426 per Pigronata.
- When Bacon is dropped, there is a 14 in 15 (~93.33%) chance to only have 1 Bacon dropped.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you want to break a lot of Pigronatas at once, you can grapple a roof and simply place them. The hook will break the Pigronata, allowing you to go through them much quicker. Another way is to place a lot of them on the roof of a three-block high house and then chuck Grenades everywhere.
- The Pigronata is a way to obtain Party Bullets and Bacon before Hardmode. By buying and breaking Pigronatas you can get Party Bullets at an average net cost of
633*633 per bullet and Bacon at an average net cost of 135136*135136 per piece. (Both values are discounted for the coin drops, but not sell values of other drops.)
- The Bacon that it drops is really useful, because it is the second best food item in the game in terms of effects and duration, and is relatively much easier to obtain compared to the two other foods that it competes with, which is the BBQ Ribs and the Golden Delight.
- When the Party Girl is housed in the Hallow biome adjacent to either the Wizard or Zoologist (with no other NPCs housed nearby), and the Discount Card or Greedy Ring are equipped, Pigronatas can be bought for only 60 silver. This allows for a net profit when they are rapidly broken and their contents are sold. The player can even choose to keep the very useful Bacon (essentially for free) while still turning a profit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Pigronata" is a portmanteau of "Pigron", an enemy found in underground Hallow/Corruption/Crimson snow biomes, and "piñata", a festive object filled with goods, hung, and then broken with a stick.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.