- This article is about the enemies. For the collectible Bait items, see Jellyfish (bait).
Jellyfish are enemies found in water. When underwater, they attack by propelling themselves towards the player in short bursts. When outside of water, they will be unable to move or pursue the player in any way. Jellyfish are able to jump out of the water to attack players, often leaving them stranded on land. Most varieties of Jellyfish produce light, making them easy to spot in dark areas. There are currently 5 Jellyfish variants, 3 of which only appear during Hardmode.
In Expert mode Jellyfish will periodically become electrified, making them invincible for the duration of the attack.
- Jellyfish Statues can be Wired to spawn Blue Jellyfish.
- Blood Jellies and Fungo Fish are immune to the Confused debuff.
- If knocked out of water and onto dry blocks, Jellyfish are rendered immobile until knocked back into water, or water reaches them again. In expert mode, this will also prevent them from becoming electrified.
- Out of all the 5 Jellyfish, the Blood Jelly has the most health.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed expert mode jellyfish counter hitting you when you can't hit the jellyfish.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Shock attack introduced.
- Blue Jellyfish damage increased from 20 to 25, and life from 30 to 34.
- Green and Pink Jellyfish now drop their own respective banners.