This page is about the piranha enemy. For the ranged weapon of a similar name, see Piranha Gun.
|AI Type||Swimming AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 58
Piranhas swim in a straight line left or right until hitting a wall, where they flip directions. They will swim towards the player if they are submerged in water; otherwise they pay no attention to the player. They move their tail back and forth and swim in a slight zig-zag. If a Piranha is outside of water, it will flop around wildly, making it dangerous to approach.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once the world enters Hardmode, on average of 2/3 of all Piranhas will be overridden by Angler Fish.
- Piranhas can be spawned by activating a Piranha Statue with Wire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Piranha: "Just one of these sharp-toothed fish can easily end a life. Luckily, they tend to swarm their victims in large groups! Life is grand."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now has a chance to drop a Compass.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from Console 1.0.750.0. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now has a chance to drop a Compass. ()
- Console 1.02: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.