- Internal NPC ID: 229
- This article is about the town NPC. For the enemies that spawn during the Pirate Invasion, see Pirates. For other uses, see Pirate (disambiguation).
The Pirate is a Hardmode NPC that appears once at least one Pirate Invasion has been defeated and a vacant house is available. He also has exactly the same texture as the Pirate Captain, an enemy from the Pirate Invasion.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|3 75||Must be in Ocean biome|
|50||When Party Girl is present, world is in Hardmode and one Mechanical Boss is defeated.|
|35||( ) When Party Girl is present, world is in Hardmode and one Mechanical Boss is defeated.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The pirate can have the following names:
- Black Beard
- Captain Bullywort
- Captain Morgan
- Captain Stoney Dirt
- Gunpowder Garry
- James T. Beard
- Red Beard
- Wet Beard
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Stay off me booty, ya scallywag!"
- "I'm no landlubber, but it's better to have lubbed and lost than never to have lubbed at all." (Reference to "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" from Alfred Tennyson's In Memoriam A.H.H.)
- "YAR! Funny ye should be mentionin' parrots b'cause...um... What t'were we talkin' 'bout?"
- "*Yarr Blarr Harrdarr*" (May be drunken speech)
- "What in blazes are ye talkin' about? Moby Dick is mine!"
- "Yo ho ho and a bottle of....blinkroots!"
When Tavernkeep is present:
- "About time we gotta barkeep around here! Me rum was almost gone!"
- "[Name of Player], Ye be one o' the finest lookin' lassies this here captain's seen in many a fortnight!"
During a Party
- "After all that cake, you might have to call me White Beard for a while."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the housing menu, he has a description saying "I think he lost his boat".
- The pirate looks exactly like the Pirate Captain in the Pirate Invasion.
- Like the Steampunker, the pirate's spawn requirements do not necessarily require the world to be in Hardmode, though you will need to have at least one other Hardmode world to get the necessary item to summon the pirate invasion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the Pirate's possible names allude to historical captains- Edward "Blackbeard" Teach, Oruç "Redbeard" Reis David as in Davy Jones, Captain Henry Morgan, and the illustrious James T. Kirk are all paid homage through the Pirate, though the "pirate" status of many of these figures is contested to this day.
- The name Jake could be a reference to the Jake and the Never Land Pirates musical.
- Rarely, the Pirate and the Guide can have the same name (Jake or Jack).
- During a Party, other than donning a party hat, his sleeves also appear different.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.