|Use time||36 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons pirates to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The pirate will fight for you|
- One Eyed Pirate
- Soulscourge Pirate
- Pirate Captain
The Pirate Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon that spawns a pirate character that follows the player and attacks enemies via a melee sword attack. Like other minions, the summoned pirate is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. The Pirate Staff is dropped with a 1/2000 (0.05%) chance by Pirates or with a 1/100 (1%) chance from the Flying Dutchman during a Pirate Invasion.
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Pirate Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The item is quite rare. It takes an average of 16-17 complete Pirate Invasions before this item drops.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each time the pirate minion is summoned, it has a random one of three possible sprite graphics, all of which are functionally identical. In the game code, they are called the "One Eyed Pirate," "Pirate Captain," and "Soulscourge Pirate."
- One of the variants seems to resemble a miniature version of the Pirate Deadeye enemy.
- This item is one of several crossover references to the game Pixel Piracy.
- The pirates will defecate randomly, similar to their behavior in the Pixel Piracy game. This has no functional effect.
- If the player strays too far from a pirate, a parrot will carry him back to the player.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 32 to 40, knockback from 2 to 6.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now requires 10 mana.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.