|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||70 / 140 (melee)|
200 / 400 (cannonball)
30 / 60 (gun)
|Max Life||3000 / 6000 |
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 216
The Pirate Captain is a Hardmode enemy which appears during a Pirate Invasion. It attacks using an assault rifle-like gun that shoots at a speed comparable to the Minishark, then stops to fire its underbarrel mounted cannon. The cannonball has a short range and detonates upon impact with blocks, much like those fired from the Flying Dutchman .
Pirate Captains are immune to knockback. When the Pirate Captain is killed a Pirate's Curse spawns, and will slowly drift towards the player through walls much like Wraiths. Unlike the Captain, the Pirate's Curse is affected by knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only one Pirate Captain can exist at a time, but multiple can spawn over the course of an invasion.
- It does not attack if there are solid blocks in the line of sight.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Players should focus on taking out other pirates first, as Pirate Captains will spawn again after killing the first one, and make the same amount of progress after being killed
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Pirate captain now turns into a ghost captain when killed.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Health increased from 2000 to 3000.
- Defense increased from 28 to 30.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now immune to Confused debuff.
- Fixed bug where pirate captains would drop 5 heads as corpse parts and no arms or legs when killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.