From Terraria Wiki
- Internal Item ID: 1315
- Not to be confused with Treasure Map, a decorative furniture item.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron is capable of dropping a Pirate Map, though it is still a 1% chance.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With Neptune's Shell and permanent Minions, along with any minion boost gear available (such as Spider armor), stand on the Ocean floor while the minions kill incoming enemies. Use Battle Potion and place a nearby Water Candle to speed up the process.
- In Crimson worlds, place a contained area of Crimson to one side of the Ocean so Blood Jellies spawn, which will be more frequent than ordinary Ocean spawns. Take advantage of Blood Moons to further increase spawn rates.
- If the Jungle is close enough to the Ocean that you can be inside the Jungle Biome, it will spawn Arapaimas frequently in the Ocean. Alternatively, you can create an artificial Jungle(s) if you have Jungle grass seeds or Lihzahrd bricks.
- In Corrupt worlds, it is helpful to corrupt your Ocean using Unholy Water or a Clentaminator and grind the Eater of Worlds for maps. Since there are about 50 parts per boss, around every 2 will probably drop at least one map.
- If the pirate invasion is fought in the Ocean biome (platforms or bridges will help), the numerous pirates will likely drop several maps for each invasion. (Note: This requires a town NPC's home, or a spawn point, near the ocean).
- If there is a floating island above an ocean, Harpies and Wyverns can drop pirate maps.
- Statue spawned enemies (or critters) will not drop pirate maps.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, the player is holding a Pirate Map on the App icon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.