|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a pirate invasion|
|Max stack||20 / 1|
- Internal Item ID: 1315
Not to be confused with Treasure Map, a decorative furniture item.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron can also drop Pirate Maps, with the normal 1% drop rate.
- Statue-spawned enemies and critters will not drop Pirate Maps.
- Although Pirate Maps can only be obtained in Hardmode, they can be used to summon Pirate invasions even in Pre-Hardmode worlds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Perhaps the easiest way to farm Pirate Maps is to stay just above the Ocean water (water-walking boots or a small platform work). Place a Water Candle nearby or keep one held in your hand (doing both provides no added benefit). Summon at least a few minions and simply wait overnight. The spawn rate, while usually dismal, will be amplified by the candles and night time. Simply collect the drops in the morning or as you see fit.
- During a Blood Moon, especially with the above method, enemies will spawn at an even higher rate, averaging around every 2-3 seconds. This practically ensures you will get several Pirate Maps. Even without holding the candle, while your minions attack Ocean enemies for loot, you can double up by fishing during the Blood Moon, which can net you unique weapons, gathering tools, and the coveted Advanced Combat Techniques, as well as the Blood Moon Monolith, a unique item which (when activated), causes the immediate background to resemble the Blood Moon background. Keep in mind that while fishing, the extra spawn rate of your held candle won't be active.
- Creating a Graveyard mini-biome near the Ocean by placing at least 6 tombstones in a small area will raise enemy spawn rates even during the day, allowing quick farming.
- With Neptune's Shell and permanent minions, along with any minion boost gear available (such as Spider armor), stand on the Ocean floor while the minions kill incoming enemies. Use Battle Potion and place a nearby Water Candle to speed up the process.
- In Crimson worlds, place a contained area of Crimson to one side of the Ocean so Blood Jellies spawn, which will be more frequent than ordinary Ocean spawns. Take advantage of Blood Moons to further increase spawn rates.
- If the Jungle is close enough to overlap the Ocean, Arapaimas will spawn frequently. A Jungle can be created artificially near the Ocean.
- In Corrupt worlds, it is helpful to corrupt the Ocean using Unholy Water or a Clentaminator and grind the Eater of Worlds for maps. Since there are about 50 parts per boss, around every 2 bosses will probably drop at least one map.
- If there is a Floating Island above an ocean, Harpies and Wyverns can drop Pirate Maps.
- The King Slime can also be used to farm out Pirate Maps in expert mode, as he will spawn slimes as he gets lower in health.
- Pirates themselves can drop Pirate Maps if fought within the Ocean biome, which can make farming easier. This also applies to all other invasion enemies, such as the Goblin Army and Frost Legion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pirate Map plays the same sound as the boss-summoning items (Suspicious Looking Eye, Mechanical Skull, etc.) when used.
- The Guide mentions the Pirate Map in a tip after entering Hardmode: "I think I saw a treasure map floating around in the ocean once, but a shark ate it. Maybe you should go try and find one?"
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now stack up to 20.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.