- Internal Item ID: 1315
- Not to be confused with Treasure Map, a decorative furniture item.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron can also drop Pirate Maps, with the normal 1% drop rate.
- Statue-spawned enemies (or critters) will not drop Pirate Maps.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Farming the maps is fairly easy; however, note that (unlike most boss and event summoning items) Pirate Maps are not stackable.
- With Neptune's Shell and permanent minions, along with any minion boost gear available (such as Spider armor), stand on the Ocean floor while the minions kill incoming enemies. Use Battle Potion and place a nearby Water Candle to speed up the process.
- In Crimson worlds, place a contained area of Crimson to one side of the Ocean so Blood Jellies spawn, which will be more frequent than ordinary Ocean spawns. Take advantage of Blood Moons to further increase spawn rates.
- If the Jungle is close enough to overlap the Ocean, Arapaimas will spawn frequently. A Jungle can be created artificially near the Ocean.
- In Corrupt worlds, it is helpful to corrupt the Ocean using Unholy Water or a Clentaminator and grind the Eater of Worlds for maps. Since there are about 50 parts per boss, around every 2 bosses will probably drop at least one map.
- If the Pirate Invasion is fought in the Ocean biome (platforms or bridges will help), the numerous pirates will likely drop several maps for each invasion. (Note: This requires a town NPC's home or a spawn point near the ocean).
- If there is a Floating Island above an ocean, Harpies and Wyverns can drop Pirate Maps.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pirate Map plays the same sound as the boss-summoning items (Suspicious Looking Eye, Mechanical Skull, etc.) when used.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.