From Terraria Wiki
|Use time||44 (Very Slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a Pirate Invasion|
|Internal Item ID: 1315|
- Not to be confused with Treasure Map, a decorative furniture item.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron is capable of dropping a Pirate Map, though it is still a 1% chance.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With Neptune's Shell and permanent Minions, along with any minion boost gear available (such as Spider armor), stand on the Ocean floor while the minions kill incoming enemies. Use Battle Potion and place a nearby Water Candle to speed up the process.
- In Crimson worlds, place a contained area of Crimson to one side of the Ocean so Blood Jellies spawn, which will be more frequent than ordinary Ocean spawns. Take advantage of Blood Moons to further increase spawn rates.
- If the Jungle is close enough to the Ocean that you can be inside the Jungle Biome, it will spawn Arapaimas frequently in the Ocean. Alternatively, you can create artificial Jungle if you have Jungle grass seeds.
- In Corrupt worlds, it is helpful to corrupt your Ocean using Unholy Water or a Clentaminator and grind the Eater of Worlds for maps. Since there are about 50 parts per boss, around every 2 will probably drop at least one map.
- If you got at least one pirate map, you can fight the pirate invasion inside the ocean. Due to the number of mobs spawned by the event, it is possible that you get several maps every invasion. (Note: This requires a town NPC housing or a spawn point set near the ocean)
- If there is a floating island above an ocean, Harpies and Wyverns can drop pirate maps.
- Statue spawned NPCs will not drop pirate maps.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, the player is holding a Pirate Map on the App icon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.2.10061: Pirate Map now only drops near the Ocean biome instead of anywhere post-Plantera.
- 1.2: Introduced.