Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
- Internal Item ID: 1315
- Not to be confused with Treasure Map, a decorative furniture item.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron can also drop Pirate Maps, with the normal 1% drop rate.
- Statue-spawned enemies and critters will not drop Pirate Maps.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With Neptune's Shell and permanent minions, along with any minion boost gear available (such as Spider armor), stand on the Ocean floor while the minions kill incoming enemies. Use Battle Potion and place a nearby Water Candle to speed up the process.
- In Crimson worlds, place a contained area of Crimson to one side of the Ocean so Blood Jellies spawn, which will be more frequent than ordinary Ocean spawns. Take advantage of Blood Moons to further increase spawn rates.
- If the Jungle is close enough to overlap the Ocean, Arapaimas will spawn frequently. A Jungle can be created artificially near the Ocean.
- In Corrupt worlds, it is helpful to corrupt the Ocean using Unholy Water or a Clentaminator and grind the Eater of Worlds for maps. Since there are about 50 parts per boss, around every 2 bosses will probably drop at least one map.
- If there is a Floating Island above an ocean, Harpies and Wyverns can drop Pirate Maps.
- The King Slime can also be used to farm out Pirate Maps in expert mode, as he will spawn slimes as he gets lower in health.
- Pirates themselves can drop Pirate Maps if fought within the Ocean biome, which can make farming easier. This also applies to all other invasion enemies, such as the Goblin Army and Frost Legion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pirate Map plays the same sound as the boss-summoning items (Suspicious Looking Eye, Mechanical Skull, etc.) when used.
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.