|| It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Pirate Invasion.|
Reason: "Pirates are only encountered during the Pirate Invasion."
- This is for the type of enemies that spawn during the invasion. For the invasion itself, see Pirate Invasion. For other uses see Pirate (disambiguation).
Pirates are the main type of enemy that appear during Pirate Invasions, which spawn in addition to Parrots. Pirates follow the fighter AI style, though 3 of the 5 varieties also have ranged capabilities.
There are 5 variants of Pirate which will spawn:
- Pirate Deckhand - The basic Pirate Invasion unit. Lowest damage of the event. Most common enemy of event.
- Pirate Corsair - A more powerful enemy that moves faster and does more damage and has more health.
- Pirate Deadeye - Basic ranged Pirate enemy. Fires bullets at the player. Bullets are highly accurate.
- Pirate Crossbower - Ranged enemy. Stronger and more damaging, but less accurate, and shoots slower.
- Pirate Captain - The most powerful Pirate enemy. Wields a very accurate cannon/machine gun and is very difficult to kill. Has even more health after 1.3 update.
All types of Pirates can drop the following items:
Any type of Pirate besides Pirate Captains can also drop:
- Dig a 3 block deep hole and block it from below, so that the pirates will be above the player. Use a Vilethorn to kill them. Useful accessories are the Mana Flower and Sorcerer Emblem.
- Pirate invasion enemies are the only blatantly human enemies in the game. Cultists are also human enemies.
- The Flying Dutchman spawns Pirate enemies other than Pirate Captain, it keeps spawning enemies even after the event is over