The Pixie is a Hardmode enemy that spawns frequently in The Hallow at the surface layer. Pixies hover a limited height over ground, emitting a fair amount of flickering light, and can inflict the Slow or Silenced debuffs. It always drops Pixie Dust, a common Hardmode crafting material.
Pixies are immune to the Poisoned, On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Venom and Shadowflame debuffs.
- Although Pixies appear to "fly", they are only capable of hovering about four tiles above the ground at most, limiting them to a similar horizontal "jumping" range as a zombie. However, Pixies can also "climb" sheer walls in order to reach the player, limiting the effectiveness of pit traps.
- A pixie's movement patterns complicate farming, as they float above shallow pools of lava and their bobbing movement makes it difficult to hit them with stationary traps. Minions with close-range attacks, such as spiders, ravens and deadly spheres, can mitigate this difficulty.
- Pixies will only drop either the Megaphone or Fast Clock at a time.
- The Fairy Bell summons a Fairy which looks similar to a Pixie, and serves as a light source to players.
- The Pixie's design may be a nod to a fairy design from The Legend of Zelda, in which some fairies are spheres of colored light with wings.
- The sound the Pixie makes can sometimes still be heard a few seconds after it's killed.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Dark Mummy and Pixie no longer drop both Status Protection accessories at the same time, 100% of the time.
- Desktop 1.2: Now has a chance to drop the Fast Clock and the Megaphone.