|Debuff tooltip||Cannot use items that require mana|
|Debuff tooltip||Movement speed is reduced|
Wyvern and Pixie displayed on the Official Terraria Forums (Hallowed style)
The Pixie is a Hardmode enemy that spawns frequently in The Hallow at the surface layer. Pixies hover a limited height over ground, emitting a fair amount of flickering light, and can inflict the Slow or Silenced debuffs. They always drop Pixie Dust, a common Hardmode crafting material.
- Although Pixies appear to "fly", they are only capable of hovering about four tiles above the ground at most, limiting them to a similar horizontal "jumping" range as a Zombie. However, Pixies can also "climb" vertical walls in order to reach the player, limiting the effectiveness of pit traps.
- Pixies' movement patterns complicate farming, as they float above shallow pools of lava and their bobbing movement makes it difficult to hit them with stationary traps. Minions with close-range attacks, such as Spiders, Ravens and Deadly Spheres, can mitigate this difficulty.
- Pixies can drop the Megaphone and Fast Clock at the same time. When one of them is dropped (a 1/100 / 1/50 chance), there is a 1/100 (1/50) chance to drop the other one as well. Therefore, the chance to drop both is 1/10,000 (1/2,500).
- The Fairy Bell summons a Fairy which looks similar to a Pixie, and serves as a light source to players.
- The Pixie's design is a nod to a fairy design from the fantasy action-adventure video game franchise The Legend of Zelda, in which some fairies are spheres of colored light with wings.
- The sound the Pixie makes can sometimes still be heard a few seconds after it is killed.
- If the surface of the Hallow does not spawn in a world (such as if the Jungle already occupies that space), it may be necessary to farm Pixie drops in another world.
- The Bestiary entry for the Pixie: "A larger, more luminous form of fairy. Pixies provide the Hallow with more blessed light and aid in the cleansing of the land."
- Desktop 1.2.3: Dark Mummy and Pixie usually no longer drop both Status Protection accessories at the same time, 99% of the time.
- Desktop 1.2: Now has a chance to drop the Fast Clock and the Megaphone.
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, function