|Debuff tooltip||Cannot use items that require mana|
|Duration||7 seconds / 14 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Movement speed is reduced|
|Duration||15 seconds / 30 seconds|
The Pixie is a Hardmode enemy that spawns frequently in The Hallow at the surface layer. Pixies hover a limited height over ground, emitting a fair amount of flickering light, and can inflict the Slow or Silenced debuffs. It always drops Pixie Dust, a common Hardmode crafting material.
Pixies are immune to the Poisoned, On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Venom and Shadowflame debuffs.
- Although Pixies appear to "fly", they are only capable of hovering about four tiles above the ground at most, limiting them to a similar horizontal "jumping" range as a zombie. However, Pixies can also "climb" vertical walls in order to reach the player, limiting the effectiveness of pit traps.
- A Pixie's movement patterns complicate farming, as they float above shallow pools of lava and their bobbing movement makes it difficult to hit them with stationary traps. Minions with close-range attacks, such as spiders, ravens and deadly spheres, can mitigate this difficulty.
- Pixies can drop the Megaphone and Fast Clock at the same time. When one of them is dropped (1/200 chance), there is a 1/100 chance to drop the other one as well. This means the chance to drop both is 1/20,000.
- The Fairy Bell summons a Fairy which looks similar to a Pixie, and serves as a light source to players.
- The Pixie's design is a nod to a fairy design from The Legend of Zelda, in which some fairies are spheres of colored light with wings.
- The sound the Pixie makes can sometimes still be heard a few seconds after it is killed.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Dark Mummy and Pixie usually no longer drop both Status Protection accessories at the same time, 99% of the time.
- Desktop 1.2: Now has a chance to drop the Fast Clock and the Megaphone.