- Internal Tile ID: 238
Plantera's Bulbs are Hardmode background objects that will summon Plantera when broken. They are found naturally placed in random Underground Jungle locations, once all three of the mechanical bosses have been defeated (on Old-gen console and , one suffices) – the status message "The jungle grows restless..." indicates that Plantera's Bulbs have begun spawning. A bulb must be destroyed with a pickaxe, a drill, with explosives, or the Clentaminator (using Dark Blue Solution) in order to summon Plantera.
Plantera's Bulbs emit moderate light, and will appear on the minimap in pink in areas the player has already explored. They spawn one at a time after a delay of about half a day between them, and unless destroyed, several will eventually be present (10–15 in a small world's naturally generated Underground Jungle). If destroyed, they respawn after the same delay (though not necessarily in the same spot), allowing the player to summon Plantera an infinite number of times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Plantera's Bulbs can spawn on any block of Jungle grass (including player-placed ones) below the surface; it does not have to be in an Underground Jungle biome. However, they will never spawn within 302×302-tiles rectangles (centered on the bulbs) of each other, i.e. they are spaced 150 tiles apart at maximum concentration.
- Bulbs will break if the block beneath them is turned into a sloped block using a hammer, turns into a Chlorophyte Ore block, is converted into a Dirt Block by The Corruption or The Crimson, or comes in contact with lava.
- Plantera will only be spawned if there is any player within a rhombus whose diagonals are 50 tiles long, centered on the broken bulb.
- If a bulb is broken while Plantera is still alive, a second Plantera will not spawn.
- Bulbs are very easy to spot, as they emit a faint pink light. On the map screen, they appear as small pink squares. They will also be labeled "Plantera's Bulb" if hovered over them on the map screen.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The bulbs are very similar in appearance to Plantera's first form.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]