Plantera's Bulbs are Hardmode background objects that when broken will summon Plantera. They are found naturally-placed in random Underground Jungle locations, once all 3 of the Mechanical Bosses have been defeated (the status message "The jungle grows restless" indicates that Plantera's Bulbs have begun spawning). A Bulb must be destroyed with a Pickaxe, a Drill, or the Clentaminator (using Dark Blue Solution) in order to summon Plantera.
Plantera's Bulbs emit moderate light, and will appear on the minimap in areas the player has already explored. They spawn one at a time after a delay of about half a day between them, and unless destroyed, several will eventually be present (10-15 in a small world's naturally-generated Underground Jungle). If destroyed, they respawn after the same delay (though not necessarily in the same spot), allowing the player to summon Plantera an infinite number of times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bulbs are very easy to spot, as they emit a faint pink light. On the map screen, they appear as small pink areas. They will also be labeled "Plantera's Bulb" if you hover over them on the map screen.
- Plantera's Bulbs can spawn in player-produced Underground Jungle areas.
- Bulb placement is partially random, but they do spawn at somewhat regular intervals of roughly 150-300 tiles from each other. The more Underground Jungle a world contains, the more Bulbs will spawn. They do not require Underground Jungle between them, so small areas of Underground Jungle at least 300 tiles away from each other will each eventually spawn Bulbs (see image to the right).
- If a Bulb is broken while Plantera is still alive, a second Plantera will not spawn.
- If one of the two blocks under the bulb turns into a Chlorophyte Ore block, the bulb will break and Plantera will spawn.
- Similarly, if one of the two blocks under the bulb is coverted into a dirt block by the Corruption or the Crimson biome, the bulb will break and Plantera will spawn if a player is nearby.
- Bulbs can spawn outside of the Jungle as long as there are Jungle Grass blocks for them to spawn on. However, breaking them may cause Plantera to "enrage" immediately.
- If Plantera's Bulb is in liquid and other liquid touches it the bulb will be destroyed from the block which is created (Honey/Obsidian/Crispy Honey), although Plantera won't be spawned.
- If lava comes in contact with Plantera's Bulb, it will destroy it and Plantera will spawn.
- In the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , Plantera's bulbs will spawn after just one mechanical boss has been defeated, however it is not advised to fight Plantera until all mechanical bosses have been defeated, as the equipment up until that point most likely won't suffice. However, mobile edition can spawn versionDraxs in shadow chests, so the player might have the required armor (Chlorophyte).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bulbs are very similar in appearance to Plantera's first form.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.