Platinum Ore is an early-game ore that spawns in the Underground and Cavern biomes, as well as on Floating Islands. Its primary use is in crafting Platinum Bars, which are used to make the fourth tier of equipment and several other items. Platinum Ore is the superior counterpart to Gold Ore, which can generate in its place in some worlds. Platinum Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from Slimes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the four ores used rather than one bar yields 6 more per platinum bar.
- Can be confused with Silver Ore under certain lighting.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, platinum has many uses, but is typically known for being even rarer than gold. This was embedded in the original role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons (featuring copper, silver, gold, and platinum coins), and has since become a gaming trope in its own right, which is continued by Terraria's coin system.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.