Platinum Ore is an early-game ore that spawns in the Underground and Cavern biomes, as well as on Floating Islands. Its primary use is in crafting Platinum Bars, which are used to make the fourth tier of equipment and several other items. Platinum Ore is the superior counterpart to Gold Ore, which can generate in its place in some worlds.
- Selling the four ores used rather than one bar yields 6 more per platinum bar.
- Can be confused with Silver Ore under certain lighting.
- Platinum (Elemental symbol of Pt) is No. 78 on the Periodic Table of Elements.
- Platinum is a bright gray metal and has some of the highest reflective properties in the periodic table.
- Platinum is on the list of Endangered Elements.
- "Platinum" was named after the Spanish word "platina", meaning little silver.
- 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Introduced.