Portal Gun Station
|Placeable||(4 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
The Portal Gun Station is a furniture item that can fire portals, similar to the Portal Gun, but as a stationary, placeable furniture item. It is purchased from the Cyborg for
100000*10, if the player has a Portal Gun in their inventory.
Right-click (⚷ Open / Activate) the top of the Station to toggle orange/blue portal colors, or at the base to fire a portal. Right-click (⚷ Open / Activate) the left or right side of the Station to rotate its firing direction.
|Red Wire: Aim left |
Green wire: Aim right
Blue wire: Toggle color
Yellow wire: Fire portal
The Station can also act as a mechanism if connected by wires to a triggering mechanism, such as a Switch or Lever. A wire connected to the top of the Station toggles its portal color, the bottom fires a portal, and the left or right rotates the firing direction.
In multiplayer, if the source of activation is not directly a player, then the station will not fire nor swap colors, though any signal can rotate the station. For example, flipping a switch that fires a dart trap at a Teal Pressure Pad connected to the Station will not result in the Station firing, as it can't find a player to bind its portals to. Note that other, player-based activators like arrows or minions will cause the Teal Pressure Pad to activate the station. Timers and Sensors also cannot fire the station.
Only one orange and one blue portal can exist at a time for each player, whether created by the Portal Gun or the Portal Gun Station.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Useful for adventure maps, as it can create portals for players.
- Has a maximum range of 673 blocks.
- Rate of fire: 120 shots per minute.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is a direct reference to Valve's Portal, and how you obtain the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device. Other items in Terraria also reference Portal, such as the Companion Cube .
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.