Portal Gun Station
- Portal Bolt
- Portal Gate
The Portal Gun Station is a furniture item that can fire portals, similar to the Portal Gun, but as a stationary, placeable furniture item. It is purchased from the Cyborg for 10, if the player has a Portal Gun in their inventory.
Right-click (⚷ Open / Activate) the top of the Station to toggle orange/blue portal colors, or at the base to fire a portal. Right-click (⚷ Open / Activate) the left or right side of the Station to rotate its firing direction.
|Red Wire: Aim left |
Green wire: Aim right
Blue wire: Toggle color
Yellow wire: Fire portal
The Station can also act as a mechanism if connected by wires to a triggering mechanism, such as a Switch or Lever. A wire connected to the top of the Station toggles its portal color, the bottom fires a portal, and the left or right rotates the firing direction.
In multiplayer, if the source of activation is not directly a player, then the station will not fire nor swap colors, though any signal can rotate the station. For example, flipping a switch that fires a dart trap at a Teal Pressure Pad connected to the Station will not result in the Station firing, as it can't find a player to bind its portals to. Note that other, player-based activators like arrows or minions will cause the Teal Pressure Pad to activate the station. Timers and Sensors also cannot fire the station.
Only one orange and one blue portal can exist at a time for each player, whether created by the Portal Gun or the Portal Gun Station.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Useful for adventure maps, as it can create portals for players.
- Has a maximum range of 673 blocks.
- Rate of fire: 120 shots per minute.
- It might be useable while the player is under the Creative Shock debuff, making it useful for Old One's Army event.
- Activating the Station with a Player Above Sensor will shoot portals, but will instead shoot green portals that do not disappear when a player gets too far away.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is a direct reference to Valve's Portal, and the way the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device is first obtained. The device is in a stand that periodically rotates and shoots a portal. Other items in Terraria also reference Portal, such as the Companion Cube.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.