We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Potions are a group of consumable items that recover health and/or mana, or grant temporary buffs. Potions are commonly found in natural chests and pots, can be dropped by enemies, purchased from NPCs or crafted. Most potions can be crafted at a Placed Bottle or Alchemy Table, but flasks must be crafted at an Imbuing Station. Potion buffs can be canceled by right-clicking their buff icon below the inventory hotbar.
- See also: Buff
These grant the character a temporary, usually short-lived buff when consumed. They are crafted at a Placed Bottle or an Alchemy Table. Pressing the buff key (B by default) will consume one of all of the player's buff potions in their inventory.
These grant the character a temporary melee-specific buff when consumed. Only one Flask buff can be active at a time. Crafted at an Imbuing Station.
These are potions that don't fit in the other categories.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Certain potions' sprites use bottles that correlate with real-life flasks. These include
- All of the Lesser potions, using an Erlenmeyer flask.
- The Strange Brew, using a Florence flask.
- The Ironskin, Regeneration, Swiftness, and Gills Potions, all use test tubes.
- The in-game Flasks, which allow melee weapons to inflict debuffs, are slight modifications of the Round bottom flask with special stoppers.
- All other potions seem to be extreme modifications of the Dewar flask or Erlenmeyer flask.
- All potions (excluding the Recovery Potions) use a Glass Stopper.
- Some potions (Including Lesser Healing Potion) on Mobile have 1.3 sprites.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Super Healing Potions, Strange Brew, Bacon, Gender Change Potion, and Wormhole Potions added. Each potion given new sprites.
- 1.2.4: There are now 22 new potions you can craft from Fishing and/or Shiverthorn related materials.