- This article is about the naturally-generated pots, broken upon contact with weapons. For the craftable pots, see Clay Pot and Cooking Pot.
Pots are common items generated at world creation in random areas. When broken with any weapon or tool, they will drop Coins and/or random common items. Pots cannot be picked up, never respawn, and cannot be crafted.
Upon breaking a Pot, there is a small chance that a Coin Portal will spawn in place of the Pot's normal drops. A Coin Portal displays briefly as a floating circular effect, dispensing 5-20 , one at a time, before disappearing. This chance ranges, depending on the type of pot, between 0.4% and 1.6% (1/250 and 1/62).
- Pots drop an additional 10% more Coins for each unique Boss and Event defeated.
- The amount of items dropped is higher in Expert mode.
- Wormhole Potions only drop in multiplayer.
- Pots' distribution in the different layers is about: Surface 4%, Underground 20%, Cavern 62% and Underworld 14%.
| Below the surface level, regular drop|
has a chance to be replaced by:
||Golden Key (1/40)
(Click to enlarge) All pot variants.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Introduced Coin Portals.
- Pots now drop more money based on the type of Pot and drop an additional 10% more money for every boss and invasion you defeat.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug: pots wouldn't drop life or mana if you had boosts in effect.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug: altars/pots/chests spawned in bugged conditions.