Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
Present MimicHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Mimic AI|
|Banner||Present Mimic Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Heart (5-10)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 341
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Present Mimics are rarer than the other enemies spawned during the Frost Moon. The reason for this seems to be that all Mimics initially behave like still objects. This causes the Present Mimics to spawn off-screen and, unlike the other enemies, stay there until the player gets near it or somehow damages it.
- It will chase the player until killed, given the player does not lose sight of it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Present Mimics drop large amounts of Hearts. This can be very convenient during the fight.
- Present Mimics do not run away once night is over like some other Frost Moon enemies do. Be mildly wary of these when picking up leftover drops after the end of the event.
- Reaching Wave 20 of the Frost Moon activates one day of Christmas, which (once daytime begins) does satisfy the conditions for the Present Mimics to drop Present(s). However, because this single-day Christmas does not begin until dawn, it is likely that players will have to start another Frost Moon during nighttime of the 24-hour period in order to take advantage of this.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Present Mimic is the only type of Mimic not trying to appear as a chest.
- It is the only mimic to exclusively appear in an event.
- It has the highest damage of all Mimics, including the Biome Mimics.
- It is the only event enemy to not appear in the chatbox when there is a new wave.
- The Bestiary entry for the Present Mimic: "Surprise! The most unexpected gift this holiday season, the Present Mimic is a nicely gift-wrapped box of teeth and death."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now drops its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now drops its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now drops its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.06: Now only drops Presents during Christmas, like other enemies.
- Console 1.05: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11:
- Now drops its own respective banner.
- Now drops Presents rather than Present (furniture).
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, drops Present (furniture) during Christmas.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]