- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 663
- There is an empty house.
- All other town NPCs (not including Santa Claus or town pets) are present, meaning that she will only spawn after defeating Plantera.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Royal Tiara||50||Always available.|
|Royal Blouse||50||Always available.|
|Royal Dress||50||Always available.|
|Royal Scepter||1||Always available.|
|Glass Slipper||1||Always available.|
|Prince Uniform||50||Always available.|
|Prince Pants||50||Always available.|
|Prince Cape||50||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Fern||10||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Spiral||10||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Teardrop||10||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Tree||10||Always available.|
|Princess 64||10||Always available.|
|Painting of a Lass||10||Always available.|
|Dark Side of the Hallow||10||Always available.|
|Music Box (Journey's End)||10||When Moon Lord has been defeated and the world is in Hardmode.|
Living preferences[edit | edit source]
The Princess is unique in that she does not have any biome or neighbor preferences. She loves up to three NPCs that live nearby, as well as being liked by NPCs around her, incurring no bad modifiers for crowding. She also hates being lonely and her unhappiness is maxed to 150% if she isn't surrounded by at least 2 other NPCs within 50 tiles, or 2 other NPCs within 240 tiles but farther than 50 tiles.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Princess may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Interaction quotes[edit | edit source]
During the night:
When Pirate is present:
During a Blood Moon:
During a Party:
During a Thunderstorm:
During a Windy Day:
When in a Graveyard:
Happiness quotes[edit | edit source]
When far from home:
The Princess will also include unique quotes for each of up to three NPCs around her:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Princess has a unique death message along with the Angler, in which instead of "<name of Princess> was slain..." the message reads "<name of Princess> has left!" This likely implies that she is a child, further supported by her short size.
- Three of the Princess's names, Ariel, Sophia and Belle, are the names of three Disney Princesses.
- The name Alice is likely a reference to the character in the 1865 book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- The name Rosetta is likely a reference to the character in the Disney franchise Tinkerbell.
- Rosetta is also the Japanese name of Rosalina (ロゼッタ) in the Super Mario series.
- Five of the Princess's names are Japanese, each of which have different meanings.
- Ai translates to "love" (愛).
- Hikari translates to "light" (光).
- Hime translates to "princess" (姫). Based on the translation, the name Princess Hime means "Princess Princess."
- Momo translates to "peach" (桃). This may be a reference to Princess Peach from the Super Mario series.
- Yuuki translates to "courage" or "bravery"(勇気).
- The Bestiary entry for the Princess: "Shy and innocent, this happy young lady sees the positive in everything, and everybody. She appreciates all of her subjects, from all walks of life."
- There is a spelling mistake in one of the Princess' quotes, where she says "the Golfer passion" instead of "the Golfer's passion".
- The Princess has a Happiness quote for herself: "<name of Princess> the Princess is a little unsettling to be around, but terribly cute!", which can't be seen in game, as it requires the Princess to have another Princess as a neighbor, which is impossible because two of the same NPCs cannot be alive at the same time in normal playthroughs.
- The Princess shares the name "Faye" with the Dryad.
- Along with the Traveling Merchant, Zoologist, and Cyborg, she is among a small group of NPCs who sell an item post-Moon Lord. The Princess's item is a Music Box (which requires the player to defeat Moon Lord after Hardmode has been activated).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Fixed a bug causing Princess to not properly check for nearby NPCs, resulting in her being lonely even when surrounded by neighbors.
- Fixed a buggy dialogue line from the Princess about Santa Claus.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Introduced.