- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 663
- There is an empty house.
- All other town NPCs (not including Santa Claus or town pets) are present, meaning that she can only spawn after defeating Plantera.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Royal Tiara||50||Always available.|
|Royal Blouse||50||Always available.|
|Royal Dress||50||Always available.|
|Royal Scepter||1||Always available.|
|Glass Slipper||1||Always available.|
|Prince Uniform||50||Always available.|
|Prince Pants||50||Always available.|
|Prince Cape||50||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Fern||10||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Spiral||10||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Teardrop||10||Always available.|
|Potted Crystal Tree||10||Always available.|
|Princess 64||10||Always available.|
|Painting of a Lass||10||Always available.|
|Dark Side of the Hallow||10||Always available.|
|Music Box (Journey's End)||10||When Moon Lord has been defeated and the world is in Hardmode.|
Living preferences[edit | edit source]
The Princess is unique in that she does not have any biome or neighbor preferences. She loves up to three NPCs that live nearby and is liked by all NPCs around her.
She also hates being lonely and her unhappiness is maxed to 150% if she is not surrounded by at least 2 other NPCs within 25 tiles, or 2 other NPCs that are between 25 and 120 tiles away.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Princess may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Interaction quotes[edit | edit source]
During the night:
When Pirate is present:
After defeating Golem:
After defeating Duke Fishron:
After defeating Frost Legion:
After defeating Pumpking:
After defeating Ice Queen:
After defeating Martian Madness:
During a Blood Moon:
During a Party:
During a Thunderstorm:
During a Windy Day:
When in a Graveyard:
Happiness quotes[edit | edit source]
When far from home:
The Princess will also include unique quotes for each of up to three NPCs around her:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Five of the Princess's names are Japanese, each of which have different meanings:
- Ai translates to "love" (愛).
- Hikari translates to "light" (光).
- Hime translates to "princess" (姫). Based on the translation, the name "Princess Hime" means "Princess Princess".
- Momo translates to "peach" (桃).
- Yuuki translates to "courage" or "bravery" (勇気).
- Some of the Princess's names are references to princesses from popular culture:
- Alice from the 1865 novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Ariel from the 1989 American animated musical fantasy movie The Little Mermaid
- Belle from the 1991 American animated musical romantic fantasy movie Beauty and the Beast
- Emilia from the Japanese light novel series Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World
- (Cure) Flora from the 2015 Japanese magical girl anime series Go! Princess PreCure
- Peach (Momo; see above) and Rosetta (the Japanese name of Rosalina) from the Japanese media franchise Mario
- Rosetta from the 2008 American computer animated movie Tinker Bell as well
- Sofia from the American CGI animated television series Sofia the First
- The Princess shares the name Faye with the Dryad.
- The Princess has a unique death message along with the Angler, in which instead of "<name of Princess> was slain..." the message reads "<name of Princess> has left!" This likely implies that she is a child, further supported by her short size. This also means she will not drop a Tombstone when in Hardcore difficulty.
- The Princess has a Happiness quote for herself: "<name of Princess> the Princess is a little unsettling to be around, but terribly cute!", which cannot be seen in game without third-party software, as it requires the Princess to have another Princess as a neighbor, which is impossible because two of the same NPCs cannot be alive at the same time in normal playthroughs.
- Along with the Traveling Merchant, Zoologist, and Cyborg, she is among a small group of NPCs who sell an item post-Moon Lord. The Princess's item is a Music Box (which requires the player to defeat Moon Lord after Hardmode has been activated).
- The Bestiary entry for the Princess: "Shy and innocent, this happy young lady sees the positive in everything, and everybody. She appreciates all of her subjects, from all walks of life."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Fixed a bug causing Princess to not properly check for nearby NPCs, resulting in her being lonely even when surrounded by neighbors.
- Fixed a buggy dialogue line from the Princess about Santa Claus.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code,
. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 22.214.171.124.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, methods