The Probe is a Hardmode enemy which spawns from one of The Destroyer's red lit segments after it has taken a fair amount of damage. It fires lasers both from inside the Destroyer and detached from it. It can pass through blocks, but its lasers cannot.
Probes make fighting The Destroyer a much easier and harder task at the same time – the Hearts they drop will keep the player alive, but they are a major source of damage during the boss fight.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Probes are fairly small, fast, flying enemies who can deal consistent damage in a moderate amount of time. As such, most ranged weapons are superior to melee weapons in general. Any fast firing weapon such as the Crystal Storm will prove effective as well.
- It helps to use a Gravitation Potion or Rocket Boots or one of its upgrades. These allow easy movement to dodge the Probes as they come towards the player and to dodge the lasers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Probe: "A singular probe detached from the Destroyer's body serves as a remote laser battery, often in a swarm of other probes."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Reverted changes from 1.2.
- Heart drop rate decreased from 100% to 33%.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health reduced from 200 to 180.
- Damage decreased from 50 to 40.
- Defense decreased from 20 to 18.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]