The Probe is a Hardmode enemy which spawns from one of The Destroyer's red lit segments. It fires lasers both from inside the Destroyer and detached from its master. It can pass through blocks, but its lasers can't.
A Probe will only detach from The Destroyer after it has taken a fair amount of damage.
Probes make fighting The Destroyer a much easier and harder task at the same time – the hearts they drop will keep the player alive, but they are a major source of damage during the boss fight.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Probes are fairly small, fast, flying enemies who can deal consistent damage in a moderate amount of time. As such, most ranged weapons are superior to melee weapons in general. Any fast firing weapon such as the Crystal Storm will prove effective as well.
- It helps to use a Gravitation Potion or Rocket Boots or one of its upgrades. These allow easy movement to dodge the Probes as they come towards the player and to dodge the lasers.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Reverted changes from 1.2.
- Heart drop rate decreased from 100% to 33%.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health reduced from 200 to 180.
- Damage decreased from 50 to 40.
- Defense decreased from 20 to 18.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.