Proximity Mine Launcher
|Damage||80 / 45 (Ranged)|
|Use time||50 (Extremely slow)|
|Tooltip||Mines deal triple damage when armed|
- Internal Item ID: 760
The Proximity Mine Launcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera launcher that fires mines which stick to blocks, remaining dormant and semi-transparent until a player or enemy approaches, or until a minute passes, at which point they explode. The Proximity Mine Launcher is purchased from the Cyborg for
The Proximity Mine Launcher uses rockets as ammunition. The mines are heavily affected by gravity and will only travel a short distance before dropping to the ground. The firing player will not actually trigger their detonation by getting close, although the firing player will take damage if they are within range of an exploding mine. Stationary mines will deal triple damage. This does not apply to mines that are still moving.
The Cyborg uses the Proximity Mine Launcher to protect himself against nearby enemies.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the name, it cannot fire Land Mines, which are an unrelated item. The Proximity Mine Launcher can only use rockets as ammo.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Now does 3x damage when mines are stationary, normal damage when they are still moving.
- Use Time increased from 40 to 50.
- Reduced the number of active mines that you can have at once.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 45 to 80, use time from 29 to 39.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.