|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a charged arrow|
|Buy / Sell||45 / 9|
The Pulse Bow is a unique post-Plantera Hardmode bow that auto-fires a high-velocity glowing white bolt, which is unaffected by gravity, will pierce enemies, can ricochet, and flies for 3.5 seconds (~480 tiles) before dissipating. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 45 , after Plantera has been defeated.
The projectile can pierce or ricochet five times in total, dissipating upon the sixth hit. Each ricochet causes the bolt to pierce one less enemy, and vice versa.
Like other bows and repeaters, it can use any arrow type as ammunition, but always fires the same unique white projectile, rather than providing any particular arrow's usual sprite. Effects normally provided by a particular arrow type are cancelled, except for their damage statistic.
The Pulse Bow has a base 11% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.
The Traveling Merchant will use it for self-defense once a world is in Hardmode.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Pulse Bow operates differently compared to other bows. Even though it consumes arrows, its projectiles appear as if they were cast by a magic weapon in that they emit a particle glow, ricochet, pierce, dissipate in midair, and are unaffected by gravity.
- The Pulse Bow also operates differently on the Mobile version, where its projectiles are slower, thicker, and affected by gravity.Verify
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Pulse Bow is generally considered one of the best bows in the game, although the Tsunami and Phantasm can outdamage it against single targets.
- It is an excellent weapon for discovering Floating Islands, due to its high speed and ricochet ability.
- Its piercing and ricochet abilities make it useful in confined spaces, such as the Dungeon.
- If shot at the right angle, the Pulse Bow's projectiles can ricochet through one-block walls. This appears to happen when the projectile hits a block at an entry angle of 40 to 50 degrees, and is easier to pull off when first bouncing the projectile off of another surface. This useful trick can be used in many situations to attack enemies behind cover.
- Because the Pulse Bow cancels additional arrow effects, damage is the only factor that should be considered in choosing an arrow type. The highest base damage of 82 can currently be achieved with Venom Arrows or Cursed Arrows.
- The Endless Quiver will work as usual, allowing the Pulse Bow to fire bolts indefinitely.
- This weapon is very similar to the Stake Launcher, both firing piercing projectiles unaffected by gravity and suitable for crowd control on flat arenas. Their DPS (with Venom Arrows) is approximately equal, but the Pulse Bow is affected by the Archery Potion, pushing its damage higher, while the Stake Launcher is not. On the other hand, Stakes can hit up to ten enemies, while pulse bolts only manage six.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pulse Bow's color scheme is similar to that of Shroomite equipment.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.