Inlet and Outlet Pumps are mechanisms used to transport Liquids (Water, Lava and Honey), without having to construct pathways through Blocks, or rely on gravity. Instead, an Inlet and Outlet Pump need only be connected to each other with Wires and activated, which transfers fluid from the Inlet to the Outlet. Each activation transfers up to four tiles of liquid. For continuous automated pumping, a Timer must be used.
Despite its appearance as a pipe that takes in liquid from beside it, an Inlet Pump must be submerged in liquid, as it removes liquid that lies directly over its graphic, and does so equally from all of its 2x2 tile space. Similarly, an Outlet Pump spawns liquid directly over its graphic, and does so equally over all of its 2x2 tile space.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Outlet Pump becomes completely submerged, it will stop pumping.
- Up to 5 Inlets and 5 Outlets can be connected using a single path of Wires. The fluid transfer rate is increased accordingly, without the need for additional Wires to act as "pipes".
- If there are more than 5 Inlets connected to more than 5 Outlets, then the 5 Inlets closest to the power source along the Wire will transfer liquid to the 5 Outlets closest to the power source along the Wire.
- If an Inlet Pump isn't connected to anything it won't do anything, it will only suck up water if it's connected to an Outlet Pump.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Pumping honey will no longer turn honey into water.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999 and maximum distance increased from 1000 to 2000 wire.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.