Placed Grandfather Clocks. Click the image to view a summary of each row.
Grandfather Clocks are furniture items which provide information about the in-game time. If a player is nearby a Grandfather Clock (about 80 tiles horizontally and 50 tiles vertically), the time is displayed on the right side of the screen, underneath the minimap. The time is rounded to the last hour, similar to Tin and Copper Watches, but pressing ⚷ Open / Activate on it will show precise time in minutes as a status message on the bottom left corner.
There are 28 craftable versions and 5 noncraftable (but still lootable) versions. The regular Grandfather Clock can rarely be found in Underground Cabins. All are functionally identical, and differ only in their appearance.
- Unlike Announcement Boxes , Grandfather Clocks do not send status messages telling the time when activated via wire.
- The clock faces of all Grandfather Clocks read 9:00, except for the Slime, Marble, Granite, Lihzahrd, and Crystal Clocks, which read 3:00. The Boreal Wood Clock only reads 3:00 in its item sprite. The times on the clocks are indeed full hours (instead of 12:15 or 12:45, as both hands are seemingly equal on most clocks), because upon closer examination of the Glass Clock it becomes noticeable that the long hand is pointed upwards.
- The Flesh Clock appears to have a Drippler in it.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Crystal, Sunplate, and all three Dungeon Clocks added.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Clocks added.
- Now displays time in upper-right corner when near.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug where Ebonwood Clock would require wood rather than Ebonwood. Fixed the Ebonwood/Shadewood Clock mixup. Golden Clock now correctly drops from Pirate Invasions.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Boreal Wood, Slime, Bone, Cactus, Ebonwood, Frozen, Lihzahrd, Living Wood, Rich Mahogany, Flesh, Mushroom, Obsidian, Palm Wood, Pearlwood, Pumpkin, Shadewood, Spooky and Sunplate Clocks added. The word "Grandfather" has been removed from most clock names.