We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Inlet and Outlet Pumps are mechanisms used to transport liquids (water, lava, and honey), without having to construct pathways through blocks or rely on gravity. Instead, an Inlet and Outlet Pump need only be connected to each other with Wires and activated, which transfers fluid from the Inlet to the Outlet. Each activation transfers up to four tiles of liquid. For continuous automated pumping, a timer can be used.
Despite its appearance as a pipe that takes in liquid from beside it, an Inlet Pump must be submerged in liquid, as it removes liquid that lies directly over its graphic, and does so equally from all of its 2×2 tile space. Similarly, an Outlet Pump spawns liquid directly over its graphic, and does so equally over all of its 2×2 tile space.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Outlet Pump becomes completely submerged, it will stop pumping.
- Up to 5 Inlets and 5 Outlets can be connected using a single path of Wires. The fluid transfer rate is increased accordingly, without the need for additional Wires to act as "pipes".
- If there are more than 5 Inlets connected to more than 5 Outlets, then the 5 Inlets closest to the power source along the Wire will transfer liquid to the 5 Outlets closest to the power source along the Wire.
- An Inlet Pump will only take up liquid if it is connected to an Outlet Pump.
- Outlet Pumps produce slightly more liquid than the Inlet Pumps take in.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Fishing ponds are easy to set up using two pumps connected to a timer; an Inlet Pump at the bottom and a Outlet Pump at the top. Due to the Outlet Pump's increased production, the pond will fill up over time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Both pumps' tooltips wrongly describe that they are used to send or receive only water, whereas they send and receive any liquid.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Pumping honey will no longer turn honey into water.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999 and maximum distance increased from 1000 to 2000 wire.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.